News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Wordpress auto post to Simple Machine Forum

Started by timlisten123, July 14, 2011, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timlisten123

Hi,

Is there a package or way for me to post automatically to my simple machine forum every time I make a post in my blogs. I have a couple of blogs, and every time I post a new entry, I want them to appear on the forum using different accounts. If I can provide an rss feed and the package will read and scrape the title and the whole body of my blog entry and post it on the forum, that will be nice. There is a package called RSS Feed Poster that does what I need, however, it only show the first 200 characters, I need the whole article to be posted in my forum.
Thanks.

MiY4Gi

Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

timlisten123

thanks, but is there a way to do it on the SMF side because all my wordpress blogs are located on different servers than the SMF.

MiY4Gi

You want to integrate SMF into multiple Wordpress blogs?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

timlisten123

No, I don't want to integrate it to any blog. I want my SMF forum to read the feed of my blog entries and post the full article to the forum. It doesn't have to be real time.

Illori

SlammedDime

RSS Feeder (NOT RSS Feed Poster) allows you to capture a whole article from an RSS feed.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

timlisten123

I'm getting the following error when I tried to install the "RSS Feeder". I'm using the latest version of SMF. Is there a way to get around it?

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

SlammedDime

Please see the support topic for that mod... you'll have to use the 'Advanced' link at the bottom of the package manager to Emulate an earlier version of SMF.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

timlisten123

Hey, that works. Now I have a new problem
Regular Expression
Required if retrieving full article. This must be PCRE format. The match is expected to be in second index of the array ([1]).

I don't understand what I need to write. I checked the support for that MOD, and didn't find anything about it.

MiY4Gi

Please clarify, what error are you receiving. Put the error inside Code tags, or at least put " " around them.

timlisten123

I don't have any error, it is one of the require fields that I needed to fill in in order to add a new feed.
I just put *, and it allows me to pass, but not sure if that's the right thing to do.

SlammedDime

There is a link in the very first post to a small tutorial on how to use that field.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Spoogs

timlisten123

thanks. I thought that was a tab and since it was highlighted, I thought I was already on that page.  :)

timlisten123

I have the retrieve full article selected, but it is only selecting the first 200-300 characters. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the regular expression field since I only put in *.

Kermit

As it was stated above,please use the mod's support thread for further help
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Advertisement: