News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

403 Forbidden errors, among others, in SMF 2?

Started by Dan Wang, July 16, 2011, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Wang

Hi, my group uses SMF 2 for our forums. This page, for no apparent reason, sometimes replaces our forum homepage (others have mentioned similar problems; we do not believe it is an error with our own computers):

Other incorrectly formatted and text-only pages with broken images also replace their respective correct versions quite often. This can be easily resolved by refreshing the page a number of times, but the frequency at which it happens is rather annoying. Another issue is this preventing you from seeing pages:

The odd thing is that I do, in fact, have permission to see all those pages, and upon refreshing (although it usually brings you to a page like the previous image first), you end up being able to view them. So, is there anything that could be done to fix this? Thanks, and sorry if something like this has been asked before.

mashby

The first screen shot looks like the stylesheet didn't load. I've been perusing a few pages on your site and haven't had any thing look like that. The second one doesn't seem like a URL that is very normal at all.
This one works:
http://eusaforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9429.30
But the other one gives me what looks like a nicely formed 404 error. Wondering what mods you have installed?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Dan Wang

Quote from: mashby on July 16, 2011, 11:10:35 PM
The first screen shot looks like the stylesheet didn't load. I've been perusing a few pages on your site and haven't had any thing look like that. The second one doesn't seem like a URL that is very normal at all.

I don't know, there are long stretches when it works without a hitch, and then on other days you can barely read anything.

Quote from: mashby on July 16, 2011, 11:10:35 PM
This one works:
hxxp:eusaforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=9429.30 [nonactive]
But the other one gives me what looks like a nicely formed 404 error. Wondering what mods you have installed?

Nothing special that I know of, but maybe the higher-ups have some funny business in the works. Anyways, is that what might be causing it?

Advertisement: