Remove forum title (forum name) from link tree

Started by donjazzy, July 17, 2011, 10:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donjazzy

Hi, please I need help in the following
1. How can I remove forum name under main menu which also form part of the navigation menu (link tree) completely from the forum.
2. How can I change the color of link tree (navigation menu)
3. How can I  change the color of main menu buttons.
Thanks

Matthew K.

1) The base linktree item is in Load.php.
2) You'd change the colour of the linktree in index.css, how it's styled. You'd also want to open index.template.php to see how it's constructed HTML wise.
3) ./Themes/default/images/theme/menu_gfx.png and index.css.

donjazzy

Ok fine, I know little on smf and example is:
Simple Machines Community Forum > Customizing SMF > SMF Coding Discussion > Topic: Remove forum title from url

1. Please post the code for removing 'forum title' from the above link tree
2. Changing the default color of link tree to match my theme.
3. How to include the wording Topic: before topic in link tree as currently it does't display in my forum.

Zatalyz

Hello,
I'm digging up this really old post, but it presents exactly my problem.

I would like to remove the forum title from the linktree. For exemple on this post, instead of having :
Simple Machines Community Forum ► Customizing SMF ► SMF Coding Discussion ► Remove forum title (forum name) from link tree
Having :
Customizing SMF ► SMF Coding Discussion ► Remove forum title (forum name) from link tree
I'd like to make it on the theme, if possible; that way my users can keep the original layout if they want, just by having the original theme.

Alas, I'm really bad to do php. I found various places where linktree is set, I can change its presentation on the css side, but not remove this first item from the list. I have no idea how I could say "count categories only after the title".

If you can help me with this, I would be very grateful  :)

Antechinus

Easy.
.navigate_section li:first-child {display: none;}

Zatalyz

So simple, so nice. Thanks a lot, it work perfectly  :-*

Advertisement: