News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[IMG] is not displayed after conversion.

Started by dosenpfand, July 17, 2011, 01:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosenpfand

Hello guys,

we converted a forum from phpBB3 to SMF2 (which went smoothly, nice!). After putting the forum online, we came across this bug, that images linked with the bbc code [img] are not being displayed. I cant confirm it yet, but I think this might be the case with every bbc code.

After editing an entry and simply saving it - without any adjusting, because the bbc code was there alright - the forum displayed the image just fine.

So I think there is a bug in converting the tags or the threads in which the tags are.

So any idea? This is kinda urgent, I hope someone can help me.

I already looked around in this forum, but couldnt find any solution. Just more complains about this bug.

dosenpfand

Hey, I still need help with this one, guys. :p

thecoo1est

to get my imgs to show up after conversion from phpbb3, I had to go in and use the modify post and save it again, i think it helps to refresh it or something, I didnt actually modify anything but it forced a refresh and images show now, luckily for me I did the conversion early so I didnt have a lot of post and a couple moderators helped me, hope it works, Im sure you were loooking for a better answer but it s all I can offer. :)

buddydude

Is that really the only way? There's probably thousands of [img] tags in my DB and I have to change them manually?

NanoSector

Sadly it's the only way.

The way the converter's build is what causes the issue..
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

buddydude

Yikes. It's probably better to just run a db command and remove all the tags and leave them as links. If that's possible.

NanoSector

Quote from: buddydude on February 04, 2012, 11:04:14 AM
Yikes. It's probably better to just run a db command and remove all the tags and leave them as links. If that's possible.
I dunno if that's possible. With some help of PHP it obviously is possible, but grabbing the list of posts, going through them and changing everything would be a bit harsh to the server..
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

buddydude

I was thinking an UPDATE REPLACE command in phpMyAdmin. My community isn't that big, I could just let it run if it takes awhile.

NanoSector

Quote from: buddydude on February 04, 2012, 11:29:28 AM
I was thinking an UPDATE REPLACE command in phpMyAdmin. My community isn't that big, I could just let it run if it takes awhile.
That's possible indeed :)

I'm not that great with SQL commands, but you can change the contents of the posts with that command.
Investigate the _posts and _topics tables (it's possible I'm wrong, I don't have an actual SMF installation installed here)

Advertisement: