PayPal Revisited

Started by Clara Listensprechen, July 17, 2011, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Listensprechen

Before y'all start groaning at the resurrection of this thing, I did do Searches on the subject and found a bunch of old code for the 1.x stuff but want it for 2RC2 AND without being required to deal with a Merchant account. I just wanna run a forum and I'm not a Merchant.

Is there a way of modifying the Donate mod to where I DON't have to use a Merchant account?
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Kermit

As you want a mod tweak,it would be better to ask this in mod's support thread,author could provide you better help

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=428194.0
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Clara Listensprechen

It's my understanding that 2RC2 is no longer supported, and there doesn't exist an existing mod for this (that I could find)...which is why I posted here.  However, if you say so....

===============

...and the link to the mod you provided put me onto a mod that apparently has a number of buggy issues.  Pass.
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

Kermit

As you are using an outdated version of SMF and old version might have security issues and other bugs ,i would suggest you to upgrade your site to SMF 2.0 Gold
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Clara Listensprechen

Not gonna happen. I want to be able to do this on the forum I have AS IS; anybody else with similar suggestions and non-answers need not respond, thank you.

Kermit

Quote from: Clara Listensprechen on July 17, 2011, 02:16:34 PM
Not gonna happen. I want to be able to do this on the forum I have AS IS; anybody else with similar suggestions need not respond, thank you.

No offense,but no need to show such an aggressive reaction,we are all volunteers here and it was just a friendly advice,that's it
My Mods

A. Einstein

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Kermit on July 17, 2011, 02:18:53 PM
Quote from: Clara Listensprechen on July 17, 2011, 02:16:34 PM
Not gonna happen. I want to be able to do this on the forum I have AS IS; anybody else with similar suggestions need not respond, thank you.

No offense,but no need to show such an aggressive reaction,we are all volunteers here and it was just a friendly advice,that's it
Anybody getting the answer I did would get just as frustrated because it's basically off topic of the OP.  Now, if you tell me that nobody's going to have a solution for this because of the version I'm using and that I'm on my own to write my own mod so what I need to do is just bugger off, that would have been on topic. Your non-answer response basically amounts to telling me to bugger off.

Illori

most mod authors no longer code for old versions, and most people that provide support will only tell you to upgrade. you want security issues then keep with the version you have but you will be on your own for mods and support.

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Illori on July 17, 2011, 02:26:27 PM
most mod authors no longer code for old versions, and most people that provide support will only tell you to upgrade. you want security issues then keep with the version you have but you will be on your own for mods and support.
At last, an honest answer. My security issues are my business, and if I have to post the account number of the bank account to donate to, well, that's all the security you're leaving me with. Now let me ask this a different way:

When 2RC2 was viable, did anybody ever work on a PayPal mod for it and if so, where is it?  You guys are not responsible for my security--I am. And if I'm responsible for the coding, then I still need to know where to look for what part of the code to change.

(Doesn't say Gold Only)

Illori

if you want coding help you need to post in the coding board, not the support board.

Advertisement: