attachments lost after domain change

Started by scimmiotto, July 19, 2011, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scimmiotto

I Recently changed my domain, and i changed the path of the attachments dir to the right one but i cannot see or download previous attachments. Why?
Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

ARG01

Any new attachments will be added to the correct directory but your previous attachments are still in the directory of your old domain.  Simply changing the attachments directory path will not bring the previous attachments to the new directory.

;)

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

scimmiotto

and what to do to have the correct directory for old files?
Loop code example:

Illori

ARG01

If, you still have access to the old directory.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

scimmiotto

i've done it, copying the whole forum, but they are not displayer neither downloadable
Loop code example:

Illori

do the files actually exist in your attachments folder? estimate how many there should be. maybe there is an ownership problem or a chmod problem. try asking your host to check if you can confirm that the files are there.

scimmiotto

the files currently exists and i've chmodded all of them and the attachments dir to 777.
Loop code example:

Illori

have you asked your host to verify the file ownership?

scimmiotto

yes they are verified :/
anyway new attachments works quite good, i've the problem with old ones :(
Loop code example:

Illori

did you move from one host to another at some point? files just dont disappear for no reason, either your host has a part in this or someone has access to your server and is removing the files.

scimmiotto

noway, i only have access to server, and attachments are just there....i cannot show attached images neither download them :(
Loop code example:

scimmiotto

Loop code example:

ziycon

As Illori said it sounds like a permission issue regarding the files not accessible, can you make sure that they are owned by the correct user and that the correct permissions on set on the files, compare the permissions on an attachment that is available against an attachment that isn't available.

Vahid

Hi , i have this problem too . but in my case old file are downloadable (for photo) and only thumnail of them is unavailable

Illori

please start a separate thread, this thread belongs to someone else.

scimmiotto

then? is there any diagnostic i can do?
Loop code example:

AncientDragonfly

Advertisement: