Auto Lock Topics

Started by npiccoli, July 20, 2011, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

npiccoli

I think it would be a neat feature to have the ability to automatically lock topics in a certain board. Whether the topic was created or moved to a certain board, if the setting is enabled the topic is locked.

npiccoli

Quote from: Spoogs on July 20, 2011, 01:02:58 AM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2040

QuoteSummary

This mod adds a Scheduled Task to check for topics that have not been replied to in a while, and automatically lock them. You can change it on a per-board setting, so different boards have different amounts of time if you like, and you can specify never to lock old posts. You can also have it optionally ignore or lock sticky topics.

Okay, read the quote above and then read my request.

Spoogs

ok and the difference is ..... what?

live627

He wants a topic to become locked once it is moved to a certain board. The mod does not do that.

Spoogs

Ah... I see, didn't pick up on that no matter how many times I read it.

Similar effect can be achieved by using or creating a read only permission profile.

Kindred

the permissions profile would certainly be the better way to go...   that's how I have my announcements board set:  read only for all users except admin. (and that even stops global mods from posting to it - they could normally break a post lock)

Additionally, using that mod, you could set the "auto-lock time" to 1 minute for the target board...   that would handle specifically what the OP is asking for as well - any thread which was moved into that board would be locked shortly after being moved there...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

npiccoli

I appreciate the responses guys. I guess it would be better to use a permissions profile, or set the lock time to one minute with the modification that "Spoogs" posted. This topic can be archived.

Advertisement: