News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New mailing rules on server

Started by safeacid, July 23, 2011, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safeacid

Hello received today notification that new system on the server will be in force from end of july
Please advise if I need to change anything for smf forum engine, if yes which file to edit

Thank you for having subscribed to our Linux Shared Hosting services. Your domain blablabla is hosted on reading.eukhosting.net. This email is to notify that we would be disabling PHPMail function on all our Linux Shared Hosting Servers effective 29th July 2011. During the server audits we conducted after the recent mail issues faced by many of our Linux Shared Hosting customers, we found out that
many spam emails were being sent out from the server using different spamming scripts with the help of PHPMail function. This resulted in mail server IPs being blocked in many RBLs/ACLs and the legitimate emails were also being rejected as a result of this.

In order to avoid any further blacklisting of IPs or other email issues, we are disabling the PHPMail function on all our Linux Shared Hosting Servers by 28th July 2011. If you are using PHPMail function, you will need to update the scripts and use SMTP authentication. Emails won't be sent out from these servers without enabling SMTP authentication. We
request you to update the scripts before 29th July 2011 in order to avoid any inconvenience as these changes will come into effect on all Linux Shared Servers by then.

You can dowload a sample SMTP authentication script from
http://edinburgh.theukhost.net/smtp.txt
UNQUOTE

Illori

you would need to find out what smtp server your host offers and use that to send your email

safeacid

Illori

you will need to ask your host for smtp server url and the username and password needed if you can not find it in the package they provided.

safeacid

suppose I know the usrername and password what to do with this code what they had provided ?

http://edinburgh.theukhost.net/smtp.txt

Illori

that code will not be used, but you need to get the server from them so you can add it to the admin panel of smf so it can continue to send email.

safeacid

my smf engine is already on their host, so where do i need to add this settings in admin panel pls advise

Illori

safeacid

ok mate thanks, so easy when you know where to go :)

surprised that i did not see this settings before :) damn noba  :'( :laugh:

Advertisement: