News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Installing/Unistalling packages

Started by keaft, July 23, 2011, 04:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keaft

Ok so after many problems with packages (Changing certain parts of code to the point the forum stops working) and having to reinstall smf, I have decided to have a real forum and a test forum.
[/rant]

So now onto the testing. I have the modification "No Temp Directory Removal" which I guess it is supposed to do what's on the box. I installed it just fine. It changed the lines of code that it was supposed to, but when I go to uninstall it, it throws errors.

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Test failed on all "replace" functions.

The code for the "replace"s are pretty simple and straight forward:

Code: (Find) [Select]

if (!file_exists($boarddir . '/Packages/' . $context['filename']))
{
deltree($boarddir . '/Packages/temp', false);
fatal_lang_error('package_no_file', false);
}

Code: (Replace) [Select]

if (!file_exists($boarddir . '/Packages/' . $context['filename']))
{
deltree($boarddir . '/Packages/temp');
fatal_lang_error('package_no_file', false);
}

My assumption is that when you install a mod with the xml, it edits the code one way, and uninstalling puts the code snippets it changed back like it found them. Seems like a great way for an Install/Uninstall system.

So why is this code unable to uninstall? Is it an error on the "No Temp Directory Removal" devs, the SMF devs, or me and my setup?

This test forum is a fresh install. The differences from vanilla is this one package installed.
If you would like to help/debug the site is hxxp:creativeminds.dyndns.org/testforum/ [nonactive]

Illori

it is a really bad idea to give out an admin account to your forum in public, you want your forum lost? i have removed the login from your post.

keaft

Hmm first assumption was "It's just a test forum", but I can see how bad things can happen. I appreciate it.

Advertisement: