News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Little help to downgrading

Started by Amaranh, July 26, 2011, 01:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaranh

I need to downgrade my SMF 2.0 -> 1.1.14

i have all the backups

backup_*****_*****_attachments
backup_*****_*****_ban_groups
backup_*****_*****_ban_items

From 2.0 upgrade (automatic backup from old files)

If i install new installment of 1.1.14 do i just need to rename all the databases?

Or how do i do that?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

If you simply replace the current 2.0 files with backup files from your earlier 1.1 installation, and change the DB prefix in the settings to backup_ instead of smf_ it should work.

May I ask why you want to revert to 1.1?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Amaranh

Simple aswer: Wife. Doesn't like new forum installment and that there is not the theme she wants... :o

So if i want to keep things settled i will downgrade. PRKL!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

LOL - Alright. :)

Well, basically all the backup_ tables are copies of the original 1.1 tables, so the simplest way to go back would be what I described above.
If you do not have backups of the files from 1.1, you can also first install a new 1.1 using some made up prefix like abc_ in the same database as the current one is on, and after that just switch the settings to use backup_ instead.

O/T: You finnish? :D
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Amaranh

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on July 26, 2011, 01:48:09 AM
O/T: You finnish? :D

Yes, i am but in these forums if my problem could help anyother person, i am willing to discuss in english.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's great :) Just had to ask... PRKL gave you away ;)
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Amaranh

I let you know how it went... I put also some small guide for another unlucky persons who have to downgrade their forums... :-\

Advertisement: