News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

BBC HTML tag

Started by KillsBR, July 27, 2011, 12:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillsBR

As Admin I'm able to use the html bbc tags when posting in my forum.  The tags disappear when anybody else tries posting with them...

I want everyone to be able to use this tag...

In the admin section >> posts and topics >>  bulletin board code, all bbc codes are checkmarked...

but the tag is not appearing

http://oi54.tinypic.com/iepls9.jpg [nofollow]

http://oi56.tinypic.com/5oulwn.jpg [nofollow]

I was using version 2.0 rc4 and everyone could use .... now upgraded to 2.0 final and now can not use?!

Illori

no one but admin can use the bbc tag html for security reasons, it is not that hard to embed something like js that can steal a users password or other information.

KillsBR

but I was using version 2.0 rc4 and everyone could use .... now upgraded to 2.0 final and now can not use?!

Illori

they can use basic html by default but not the html tag due to the reasons above, if they could then you must have had a mod.

KillsBR

in version 2.0 rc4, I do not use any mod .... on my forum, everyone MUST to be able to use the tag

Illori

you would need a mod to do that which puts your forum and users at great risk of being hacked.

KillsBR

Illori

you want all html to be used by your users or just basic html? there should be a check box on that page to enable basic html.

KillsBR

but is already marked =/

Illori

try unchecking saving and checking it again.

KillsBR

continues in the same =x

Illori

do you have any mods installed?

KillsBR

1.    Spoiler BBCode    1.1.3
2.    AJAX Instant Quick Reply    1.0.4
3.    Highslide BBCode and Image Viewer
4.    YouTube BBCode    2.6    
5.    AJAX Recent Topics    1.1    

Illori

any of those could affect this, try uninstall them and seeing it if works then, also users can just use basic html without the html bbc code tag.

KillsBR

without the tag, it's still the same

i will try unistall this mods

KillsBR

uninstalled everything and did not work ...

Illori

you are trying this in a post and not in the news right?

KillsBR

filipes

I have the same problem can anyone help with this, thks....

Arantor

As has been outlined many times before: it is an extremely bad idea to allow non-admins to use this tag. It is insecure.

What content are you trying to allow them to post?

Advertisement: