News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Need help adding a couple of buttons

Started by ML, September 20, 2011, 02:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ML

I know there is a page with the information on how to do this, but I am not much when it comes to programming.

If anyone has the patience to help me, I would appreciate it.

This is the code that your help page says needs to be revised.

'menu_action' => array(
            'title' => 'text for menu',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
               'sub_menu_action' => array(
                  'title' => 'text for sub-menu',
                  'href' => $scripturl . '?action=newaction',
                  'show' => true,
                  'is_last'=> true,
               ),
            ),

I need to add two buttons. One leading back to my website, and one leading to my Coppermine gallery.

The addresses are:  micksplace.net        and         coppermine.micksplace.net

If someone could show me where to put this information in the code above, it will be something new that I will be able to do in the future on my own.

Also, would these buttons show up at the beginning of the menu row or at the end? Or can they be put anywhere in the row of buttons?

I would appreciate any help that is offered.                                           

Those who say that something cannot be done should get out of the way of those who are willing to try.

Suki

where exatly do you want those buttons?

those buttons will be a main button each of they will be as a subbutton of another button?

what would be the text for those buttons,  the title for each.

Attach your Sources/Subs.php.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

ML

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on September 20, 2011, 02:40:07 PM
where exatly do you want those buttons?

those buttons will be a main button each of they will be as a subbutton of another button?

what would be the text for those buttons,  the title for each.

Attach your Sources/Subs.php.

I would like them to come after the "Home" button and before the "Help" button.

Two new "main" buttons on the row with the rest of them. No sub-buttons.

The first one will be named MicksPlace                 (address: micksplace.net)
the second one will be named Photo Gallery        (address: coppermine.micksplace.net)

I am not sure if I would need to add the "www" or the "http://" to the addresses.

Those who say that something cannot be done should get out of the way of those who are willing to try.

Suki

Try thins one,  BTW cool Music and Band pics you got there ;)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

ML

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on September 20, 2011, 03:00:09 PM
Try thins one,  BTW cool Music and Band pics you got there ;)

Thank you! That is awesome.   :D

How did you do that so fast?   ??? 

I would love to be able to do stuff like you just did. It would have probably taken me several tries over a couple of days with a few choice curse words thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for the compliment on the pics and music. I am working on what will probably be my last album. The song on there titled "Lillie" will also be the title song for the album.

Suki

Its all about trying and fail then trying again until you got what you want basically :P

glad it worked out for you, marking this as solved then.

Advertisement: