My SMF is causing high server load and mySQL to spike

Started by justpaulo, August 02, 2011, 01:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

justpaulo

Quote from: butchs on August 03, 2011, 05:22:56 AM
A visitor log would be in cpanel if you have it.

I only can see the last 300 visitors from today... so i can´t see nothing... :(

justpaulo

Today i´m getting the same query again :((

What a nightmare... Can someone help me?

butchs

I can only assume that "sf" is your db prefix so the query to sf_messages would be someone trying to post messages.  Maybe it is just a smf 1.1.x issue...  The bot trend has been ip spoofers pretending to be google and etc attempting to brute force sites...

Chances are your hosts security is weak and you have been compromised.  You should remove SMF 1.1.x, except for the DB, upgrade to SMF 2.0.x.  Meanwhile adjust your robots.tst file per the Forum Firewall recommendations and reinstall at least that mod.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

justpaulo

Quote from: butchs on August 03, 2011, 05:50:01 PM
I can only assume that "sf" is your db prefix so the query to sf_messages would be someone trying to post messages.  Maybe it is just a smf 1.1.x issue...  The bot trend has been ip spoofers pretending to be google and etc attempting to brute force sites...

Chances are your hosts security is weak and you have been compromised.  You should remove SMF 1.1.x, except for the DB, upgrade to SMF 2.0.x.  Meanwhile adjust your robots.tst file per the Forum Firewall recommendations and reinstall at least that mod.

So my only salvation is to upgrade to SMF 2.0? and this will solve the query problem?

What i can do to adjust the robots.txt?

Its not a easy task for me to upgrade to 2.0 because the forum template is changed to be similiar to the site template...

So will be very bad for me if i upgrade and change everything and still have the same query problem...

butchs

Well there is a good chance that you were hacked and will have to replace all the files anyway.

Here is the link for robots.tst.

rd

Go to a better managed hosting provider because yours doesn't seem to know what they're doing.

Also do try to upgrade to SMF 2.0

justpaulo

Quote from: Royalduke on August 03, 2011, 08:43:05 PM
Go to a better managed hosting provider because yours doesn't seem to know what they're doing.

Also do try to upgrade to SMF 2.0

The upgrade to smf 2.0 is the only thing that i don't try yet, but i will do that. But its not an easy task since i have the forum tamplate changed to be similar to the site.

Quote from: butchs on August 03, 2011, 07:00:43 PM

Here is the [urlhttp://www.veign.com/blog/2007/10/06/robots-txt-file-for-an-smf-forum/]link for robots.tst[/url].

Thank you butchs, i will update the robots.txt

Angelina Belle

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: