News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

converting mybb 1.6.4 to smf 2.0

Started by cheif_asi, August 04, 2011, 04:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheif_asi

as i start the convertor i get this error

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'smf'@'localhost' for table 'users'

pls help me out

David W

hi their it means the installer cant access your database

algentar

I have the same problem too.. Mybb 1.6.4 to SMF 2.0
I have checked the database password in Setting.php and i have give ALL GRANT PRVILAGES to smf.

Is there any solution please.. Thanks

algentar

Quote from: cheif_asi on August 04, 2011, 04:31:36 PM
as i start the convertor i get this error

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of MyBulletinBoard 1.6. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: SELECT command denied to user 'smf'@'localhost' for table 'users'

pls help me out

I have found the way to fix it. You must give access ALL PREVILAGES to sql user smf@localhost to your MyBB database... Tq

patrixon78

I have the same problem. Can anyone describe it in more simple way for me nOOb :) please. What exactly I need to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

little update I've found the way to fix it but after I've started the conversion this message appeared:

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

so I've found this post:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=404303.msg2877724#msg2877724

but after that I receiving these errors:

Error in convert script - line 3!
Error in convert script - line 5!
Error in convert script - line 6!
Error in convert script - line 7!
Error in convert script - line 8!
Error in convert script - line 9!
Error in convert script - line 12!
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
/* ATTENTION: You don't need to run or use this file! The convert.php script does everything for you! */
TRUNCATE `grobo_poko`.smf_members;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/* ATTENTION: You don't need to run or use this file! The convert.php script' at line 1

any idea how to resolve this problem?

Advertisement: