News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ad posts - HELP!!!

Started by djshortsleeve, August 09, 2011, 09:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djshortsleeve

I am forced to run through and delete about 35 posts per day.  I have already installed notCaptcha authentication along with word verification.

I am told these are probably not bots.  Should I expect to just deal with deleting all these posts everyday?

mashby

Are these members or guests? Which version of SMF are you running?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Account Abandoned

Install Stop Forum Spam, it blocks a large amount of them. Then configure the questions and answers anti-spam feature. Make the questions associated with your forum niche and make them a bit hard, even if the user has to look it up. I would rather have a member that is into the niche enough to look it up than have one that decides not to join because of it.

Do this and it should help you dramatically!

djshortsleeve

Quote from: mashby on August 09, 2011, 09:47:46 PM
Are these members or guests? Which version of SMF are you running?

These are members.  I am running 2.0.

djshortsleeve

Quote from: Shawn Gossman on August 10, 2011, 02:02:04 AM
Install Stop Forum Spam, it blocks a large amount of them. Then configure the questions and answers anti-spam feature. Make the questions associated with your forum niche and make them a bit hard, even if the user has to look it up. I would rather have a member that is into the niche enough to look it up than have one that decides not to join because of it.

Do this and it should help you dramatically!

Thanks alot.

Advertisement: