Disable fetching preview/Change to normal preview

Started by pumpk1nz, August 05, 2005, 03:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpk1nz

Hi,

How to disable fetching preview or change the way its display the preview like yabb se? Because fetching preview not work in my site, maybe because I integrate SMF with phpnuke and change the xhtml header to normal html. Or maybe wrong chmod can cause fetching not work? Thanks in advance.

Adam

[Unknown]

You shouldn't display a header and footer unless $context['template_layers'] includes 'main' AND the first parameter passed to obExit() is NOT false.

-[Unknown]

pumpk1nz

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I have tested with no header.php and footer.php included. I only include mainfile.php in index.php of SMF. And I'm not sure where to pass 1st parameter to ebExit(). I found it in index.php so I did this :

obExit(true, null, true);

Is that correct? I've tested fetching preview in my local comp with Windows XP env. + Apache 2 + PHP 4.3.5 and it was working on both IE6 and Firefox 1.0.6. But when I tested it with IE6 and Firefox 1.0.6 on remote server with Linux + Apache 1.3.x + PHP 4.3.11, it just displayed 'Feching preview...' and no result after that. Is wrong chmod can cause this? Btw, I'm using SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public and not upgrading from previous version.

[Unknown]

If you're using 1.1, it won't normally show that popup at all unless you've made it so the xml features have a header and footer...

-[Unknown]

pumpk1nz

Finally I found the solution... *fiuh*
Well, first I thought by changing the "?" sign to "amp;" in the Querysting.php and in the output buffer
will make SMF links work. Than I was wrong..
Can you believe I have to spent 3 days learning XML just to find out that I have to change the "?" sign too directly in the Post.template.php file? Man.. what a long journey  :P

This time I have a complete SMF and PHPnuke working together... now the next step.. go to bed  ;D

Advertisement: