News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need help.

Started by fiurio, August 10, 2011, 01:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiurio

I have the old 2.0 smf upgrade, and would like to update to the newest one. Can anyone help me? None of the mods work either, so i think i need the newest upgrade for it. i have teamviewer, unless you can explain it thoroughly.

alex809

go to this link http://download.simplemachines.org/ and click on the zip for the Large upgrade.

then upload the files to your forum and go to yoursitelink.whatever.whatever/forumroot/upgrade.php and upgrade it.

fiurio

alex i have teamviewer, do you think you could help me?

alex809

I have never used teamweaver but i could try to help you.

can you explain to me where it installs the software that you want it to install and can you tell me if you have acess to your database and file manager. this might help me.

fiurio

I use hostgator, yes i have access to all of that.
teamviewer is a remote accessing program where u can click things and see things on my computer, and is totally free. you dont have to install it, if you download it, you can just run it, rather then installing, at hxxp:teamviewer.com [nonactive] honestly im not good at smf at all so half of what you said, idk at all. i had someone coding my forums for me, but then he disapeared, and all i want to do is make it so people cant post links, and make it so mods that i install work, instead of 90% of them getting an error.

alex809

OK i will be more than willing to manage your forums for you lol.

seems allot of people need help with smf.

I now see why you do not know what to do.

if you email me your info for it at [email protected] i will fix your forums and upgrade them for you.

it is really hard to explain to people but really easy to do.

fiurio

what info? like my teamviewer id and password?

Illori

please read A reminder about admin / ftp passwords... before giving your details to anyone.

fiurio

illori can you help me? you seem to know alot.

alex809

No not your teamweaver your cpanel info.

i dont do anything to anyones sites i dont care about messing with others sites. i only do what i say ill do.

i run my own website so i know what im doing.

Illori

no i can not and do not pm anyone for support unless requested it is a great way to get ignored.

Illori

Quote from: alex809 on August 10, 2011, 01:55:30 PM
i run my own website so i know what im doing.

many people here run a 'website' and they dont know what they are doing, you only have 10 posts no one can tell yet what you know or do not know.

fiurio

ugh alex im going to have to decline, but thank you otherwise, i need someone i know i can trust, and someone i know knows what to do.

Illori

if you want paid help you can post in the help wanted board and someone should be able to help you.

or you might be interested in http://www.simplemachines.org/charter/

fiurio

ok i posted in the paid help section.

TheLookBook

Keep Your "Dreams" Alive!

Advertisement: