News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Apple iPhone/iPad doesn't correctly show "Jump To:"

Started by IamTheBoy, September 13, 2011, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IamTheBoy

As per title, iOS devices not showing the Jump To: bit at bottom of each board - only option in the dropdown is current board.

IE on Windows works as designed.

Any ideas?

Illori

seems like an issue with javascript and the browser you are using. i dont think there is a patch or a work around for this.

IamTheBoy

Seeing as iOS devices are quite popular (very popular on my (currently YaBB) forum), is this something that SMF would be looking at fixing?

Illori

if it were to be fixed it would be fixed in the next major release as 2.0 is feature locked and not getting bug fixes either.

IamTheBoy

Thanks for that  :)

Confirmed that it happens on this site as well.

As its not a 'feature', its (IMHO) a bug, would it get put into a minor SMF2 update, should your devs chose to fix it. Should I report as a bug?

TIA

Illori

if you want you can post to the bugs board, but i believe there is a bug on this already, and as stated above 2.0 is not getting any new features nor bug fixes.

IamTheBoy

Quote from: Illori on September 13, 2011, 02:12:42 PM
2.0 is not getting any new features nor bug fixes.
Does that mean 2.1 is imminent?

Sorry, I can't find any kind of policy on this site for bug fixes - do you not provide bug fixes for a version, but roll it into next point release?  I'm a bit confused.

Illori

2.1 is in very early stages of development. any bugs that we can confirm are issues may get fixed in the next major release

Advertisement: