News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

"View Board" Permission

Started by MiY4Gi, August 11, 2011, 05:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiY4Gi

I can't find the permission that restricts access to certain boards. The only options I could find are those that restrict viewing of attachments and polls.

The only mod that does this is View/Enter Board Permissions which hasn't been updated from 2.0 RC2. I assumed this feature would be part of 2.0.

Any suggestions?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Illori

have you looked at creating a permissions profile? Permissions

the features that mod gives are not default and would require some type of mod.

MiY4Gi

Ah, never mind, I found it.

Go to Admin > Forum > Boards > Modify Boards

Find the board where you want to apply access restrictions, then select modify NOT permissions. (I assumed it would be under permissions.  ???)

Now, under Allowed Groups you can select which membergroups have access to the board. I deselected Guests, so now guests won't even know that that particular board exists. Sweet! I can't have Google indexing controversial boards.  :P

@ Illori Thanks anyway.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Advertisement: