News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Reporting New Members

Started by Pikkeltje, August 12, 2011, 04:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikkeltje

At the top of the board you get this:

Hey, *****, you have ** messages, 0 are new.
Total Time Spent Online: **** days, 21 hours and 23 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Among these was a report that new members were registered (there are 2 members waiting), I get this message no longer with SMF 2.0. A still get a  notificationmail, that's all.

Does anyone know where I can find? Is it still on smf 2 ?

Rudolf Zundel

Admin -> Users -> Registration -> Settings

There you can find it.

Pikkeltje

This is when the administrator wants to receive an email, but I would like to mention in the header of the board.

Illori

are you using a theme other then default?

Pikkeltje

Illori

ok check your index.template.php file for that theme for some lines like this

// If the user is logged in, display stuff like their name, new messages, etc.
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{
if (!empty($context['user']['avatar']))
echo '
<p class="avatar">', $context['user']['avatar']['image'], '</p>';
echo '
<ul class="reset">
<li class="greeting">', $txt['hello_member_ndt'], ' <span>', $context['user']['name'], '</span></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unread">', $txt['unread_since_visit'], '</a></li>
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=unreadreplies">', $txt['show_unread_replies'], '</a></li>';

// Is the forum in maintenance mode?
if ($context['in_maintenance'] && $context['user']['is_admin'])
echo '
<li class="notice">', $txt['maintain_mode_on'], '</li>';

// Are there any members waiting for approval?
if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
echo '
<li>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</li>';

if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
echo '
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></li>';

echo '
<li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>
</ul>';
}
// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...

add the lines that you need/want to your theme.

Pikkeltje

These lines are found in the index.template of default, not the theme. If I add one of the lines I get an error message on the board.

// Are there any members waiting for approval?
if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
echo '
<li>', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'], '</li>';

if (!empty($context['open_mod_reports']) && $context['show_open_reports'])
echo '
<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=moderate;area=reports">', sprintf($txt['mod_reports_waiting'], $context['open_mod_reports']), '</a></li>';

echo '
<li>', $context['current_time'], '</li>
</ul>';
}

Illori

then you should post in the themes support thread to get further help from the author of the theme.

Pikkeltje

Illori

then find a support forum for that theme wherever you downloaded it from.

Pikkeltje

Advertisement: