News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.0.3 conversion error

Started by mattvs, August 15, 2011, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattvs

Need a little help here  :)

Upgrading from IPB 2.0.3 to latest SMF...

Top....
INSERT INTO `smf`.smf_members
(ID_MEMBER, memberName, dateRegistered, ID_GROUP, posts, lastLogin, realName, YIM, instantMessages, passwd, passwordSalt, emailAddress, birthdate, websiteTitle, websiteUrl, signature, location, ICQ, MSN, AIM, hideEmail, pm_email_notify, avatar, lngfile, buddy_list, pm_ignore_list, messageLabels, personalText, timeFormat, usertitle, memberIP, secretQuestion, secretAnswer, validation_code, additionalGroups, smileySet, memberIP2, is_activated).....

Subsequent error...
Caused the error:

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

Any help is appreciated.

mattvs

looks like the conversion script references old/incorrect table names.

Editing both the convert.php and the 2.0.x conversion script and working through the script now...

mattvs

Seems to be stuck at "converting attachments" now.  Going to do some searching to see what i can find.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

mattpr

Did you ever find an updated convert.php script or did you have to completely patch it yourself?

If you actually took this to completion, any chance you want to share your patched convert.php and sql script?

Thanks,

-Matt

emanuele

The issue here is that the converter mattvs was using is for SMF 1.1 and not 2.0, the error comes from that.

The one you can download from here:
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=invision
is for SMF 2.0.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

mattpr

Quote from: emanuele on June 04, 2013, 01:24:16 PM
The issue here is that the converter mattvs was using is for SMF 1.1 and not 2.0, the error comes from that.

The one you can download from here:
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=invision
is for SMF 2.0.

I had tried that initially and gotten this same error.  I read on another post on here somewhere that the downloads section was out of date.  I tried some other convert.php scripts that were attached in the forums and got the birthdate error.  I switched convert.php to the one you linked (again)...and still get the same errors.  The "birthdate" error and some other ones.  All of those I resolved by setting default values where they were currently NULL. 

But now I am back to the same error as before:

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'

I am running 2.0.1 IPB (not 2.0.3, sorry) and trying to convert to SMF (whatever the latest release is...I downloaded and installed it yesterday).

Any other ideas?

emanuele

Can you please download the first converter (Invision 2 to SMF 2-0) from the link I gave you?
This works.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: