News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Twitter Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 17, 2011, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texan78

Quote from: NPimenta on June 23, 2012, 07:57:27 AM
Hi All,

i install in my SMF 2.0 the SA integration plugins. everything its OK

but i want to know how to put the buttons in the same line, in this moment o have one under the other like i show in thies image:

tanks for help

regards

I would like to know the exact same thing as well. I asked about it a month ago and have been patiently waiting.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=446987.msg3342129#msg3342129

Texan78

Anyone know how I can make this happen?

Texan78

kattara

Texan78

Quote from: kattara on July 03, 2012, 12:16:39 AM
Quote from: Texan78 on July 01, 2012, 08:28:19 PM
Anyone?

-Thanks

Make what happen, exactly?

Did you not look at the picture attached above in my post and previous 3 posts?

kattara

Quote from: Texan78 on July 03, 2012, 01:05:11 PM
Quote from: kattara on July 03, 2012, 12:16:39 AM
Quote from: Texan78 on July 01, 2012, 08:28:19 PM
Anyone?

-Thanks

Make what happen, exactly?

Did you not look at the picture attached above in my post and previous 3 posts?

Ah...  Sorry about that.  I was on my phone and didn't see the picture.  You can check this out:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=334955.0.  It works real great for me!

Texan78

This mod works great for me, nothing wrong with it. Just need to make some cosmetic edits.

kattara

Quote from: Texan78 on July 03, 2012, 04:50:15 PM
This mod works great for me, nothing wrong with it. Just need to make some cosmetic edits.

I use this mod for the logging/signing in.  Then I use ShareThis for the actual sharing.  I find that mod a bit easier to customize in terms of where to place the +1/tweets, etc.

Texan78

Quote from: Texan78 on June 29, 2012, 12:08:55 PM
Quote from: NPimenta on June 23, 2012, 07:57:27 AM
Hi All,

i install in my SMF 2.0 the SA integration plugins. everything its OK

but i want to know how to put the buttons in the same line, in this moment o have one under the other like i show in thies image:

tanks for help

regards

I would like to know the exact same thing as well. I asked about it a month ago and have been patiently waiting.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=446987.msg3342129#msg3342129

I guess what were asking is a lot harder to do. Figured it would be easy edit for someone fluent in SMF and mods...

Can anyone offer any help?

Rawkher

Quote from: buzzybee on May 07, 2012, 01:48:50 PM
When I click on the 'Sign in with Twitter' button I just get redirected back to my index page.

I am having this issue as well, how do I fix it?

Rawkher

Quote from: Rawkher on July 19, 2012, 02:30:37 PM
Quote from: buzzybee on May 07, 2012, 01:48:50 PM
When I click on the 'Sign in with Twitter' button I just get redirected back to my index page.

I am having this issue as well, how do I fix it?

Bump.

I still can't figure this out :(

sake cat

Is there a way to get rid of the password requirement hell can I get rid of the email requirement too. I know this is kind of an odd thing to ask but is there any way to get ride of the password requirement and only make users logging into twitter, pick a user name wambam done. The whole Idea of this to me is that prospect users don't have to work to get into my forum. the less work they have to do the better. I understand the A typical forum cares that everyone sets up a password and e-mail for security reasons but I could give a darn less. My forum is very niche and its an extremely aloof demographic dare I say some what douche even.

Its not an end all be all though thanks for any feed back.   

briggz5d

Hello, Nice Mod - Good for the alternative and easy login it provides.. but question:
Who Puts a LIKE / Tweet button at the top of their Page (Header) -
Why would a User LIKE / TWEET a Post or topic he/she has not even scrolled down to READ???
Please the Like/Tweet buttons are way better of at the Bottom of Post / or with option to add in each reply

Another feature i love about this mod is Auto-linkification of Twitter usernames with "@"
But again i had to disable it because No "_blank" attribute was set to it.
When users click on a a twitter username that is auto-linkified, It SHOULD Open in a NEW TAB - and not navigate them away from the current page.

my thoughts

Texan78

Quote from: briggz5d on August 03, 2012, 11:21:59 AM
Please the Like/Tweet buttons are way better of at the Bottom of Post / or with option to add in each reply

You mean like this?

Quote from: briggz5d on August 03, 2012, 11:21:59 AMAnother feature i love about this mod is Auto-linkification of Twitter usernames with "@"
But again i had to disable it because No "_blank" attribute was set to it.
When users click on a a twitter username that is auto-linkified, It SHOULD Open in a NEW TAB - and not navigate them away from the current page.

Just find the code and modify it to add the _blank so it does what you need it to do. Not a hard task.

SA™

this is the part that link the @ usernames in twitterhooks.php

$context['html_headers'] .= '
<script type="text/javascript">
                twttr.anywhere(function (T) {

T(".section").linkifyUsers({
                        username: function(node) {
                            return node.alt;
                        }
                    });
                });

twttr.anywhere(function(twitter) {
                    twitter.linkifyUsers();
                });
            </script>';

there is no way from what i can see to make it open in a new window google didnt realy yeld much eaither
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

LOVELORD

Hello,

when i try to asociate my forum profile with twiter account i recive this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: p_twitname

SA™

and have you created an application on twitter?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

LOVELORD

yes... created... and work with publishing posts... but not work when i want to associate my account...

Antes

<Edit>
"No connection" error based on SEFed URLs not accepted by both sided.

I used /twitter (index.php?action=twitter SEFd). After typing action=twitter (non-sefd) everything working awesome :)

Texan78

I've been doing some extensive testing to get ready to go live and the mod is working great from what I can tell. Only small thing I have come across is the feed isn't showing on the index. It's blank, anyone have any idea what might be causing that? You click on the twitter icon in the header and it shows my page, just no feed.

-Thanks

Advertisement: