News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

FacebookLike button

Started by tinoest, August 17, 2011, 04:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NADINE_PICARD

Quote from: tinoest on August 17, 2011, 04:54:43 PM
Link to Mod

Add a facebook like button to all posts.

Instructions for use with the default theme.

SMF 1.1.x :

Admin -> Current Theme -> Tick Check Box Detailing Facebook Like

SMF 2.x :

Admin -> Configuration Settings -> Misc -> Modification Settings.

Changelog:

v 1.1 : Fixed bug in SMF 1.1.x display template description
v 1.0 : Initial Release
Thank you , it work very well now...

ENRESINADO

I'm using SMF 1.1.15 and I have installed this mod.

I've enabled the two options, Display Facebook Like and Display Facebook Like icon in all posts, and so far so good.

When I opened a topic, all the replies to that topic had the like button, but when I clicked on the like button on a specific reply that I liked, all the replies got 1 like, and in my Facebook wall appeared a link to the main topic, not to the reply I liked.

Is this the right way that this mod works, or it can be a bug in my forum?

Thanks.

Sefket

Can you make another modification of this so it links to you're forum username instead of it going to Facebook? I use 1.1.15

SlyBaldGuy

I've installed this Mod and checked every file manually to make sure it did install though I don't get the option in Admin > Current Theme to enable this Mod.  I'm using the Classic theme with 1.1.15.  Any ideas why I'm not seeing the option to enable the Mod?

Neplug

I'm installed the mod FacebookLikeV1.1.zip [nofollow]. I doný see the text to enable the button but I found two new squares, I checked both and ik see the like button in the post. But when ik click the button whats must happen then?
How must  I make a connection between my forumaccount and my facebook? In the profiel I don't have a option to do that. Thand for the help and my excuses for my bath english.

humbleworld

I installed this MOD in SMF version 2.0.2 and the installation was successful but I got this message on top of the header:
$txt['display_facebook_like'] = 'Show Facebook like icon in posts'; $txt['display_facebook_like_all'] = 'Show Facebook Like icon in all posts, Note Display Facebook Like has to be checked.';

the MOD didn't work but the installation was successful.

humbleworld

any solution to the above error? I have tried to fix it but to no avail. thanks in advance.

krash661

Quote from: lexxie on September 08, 2011, 07:28:52 AM
There really just isn't much support here & especially not for mods.

I'm actually thinking of trying a different platform than SMF.

I Agree

krash661

Some of us need this mod.Sounds like it does not work.And it appears that the creator doesn't seems to care to address the problems.

carlosdelarco

Spanish_es-utf8 translation, add this on Modifications.spanish_es-utf8.php

// MOD FacebookLike button
$txt['display_facebook_like'] = 'Mostrar icono "Me Gusta" en los mensajes';
$txt['display_facebook_like_all'] = 'Mostrar icono "Me Gusta" en todos los mensajes. Nota: Mostrar "Me Gusta" debe estar activado.';

impreza

Image count number of hits is hiding under the text report to moderator
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

zkhan86

Facebook_Like v.2.0  installed this but got error of , not compatible.

My version is 2.0.2 !!!

impreza

In the browser, IE 8 looks like this:

Da can fix it somehow?

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

humbleworld

Since there was no solution, I just instead use Addthis code and placed it in every post. Now all is fine.

ctec67

Enabled: Show Facebook like icon in posts
Disabled: Show Facebook Like icon in all posts, Note Display Facebook Like has to be checked.

But every post is showing 2 Facebook like icons :(

Seems this mod needs some more work.

tinoest

Quote from: ctec67 on February 10, 2012, 11:37:22 AM
Enabled: Show Facebook like icon in posts
Disabled: Show Facebook Like icon in all posts, Note Display Facebook Like has to be checked.

But every post is showing 2 Facebook like icons :(

Seems this mod needs some more work.

I would suggest that is due to the modification getting installed twice for some reason.

tsis_k

I installed successfully in SMF 2.0.2 but I do not see the checkboxes for "Show Facebook like icon in posts" and "Show Facebook Like icon in all posts".

I go to Admins > Configuration > Modification Settings > Miscellaneous but there is no facebook check boxes available there. Just a blank page. Oh and I manually add the code to ManageSettings.php

Robert.

Nice mod :) You might want to consider a database installation script, though, to be sure all the settings are added to the database. You might want to check this out: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=350344.0 :)

Harvester

I just installed this.. I did it manually via the parser and it works fine... BUT...

I have realized two things... it does NOT Link to Facebook... it just LOOKS like a "Like" its not a functional Facebook Like in Firefox or Chrome.. in IE it will send you to facebook....

and if you like a specific post... the total next to each Like on each post in the entire thread increases by 1... you can NOT just like a specific post...
what I mean is if there are 12 posts in a thread and post #9 is one I really appreciate... I would want to Like post #9 only.  WHen I hit the like on Post #9 my like is transferred to ALL 12 posts when all I wanted was my Like to be on post #9

Is there anyway to make it NOT do that and to just like a specific post?

ninja111

this mod made my site corrupted. I had to delete this mod to make my site halfway work again.  :-\
This mod isn't safe to use.

Advertisement: