News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add Favicon (favories/bookmark icon)

Started by hadesflames, March 09, 2007, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

QuoteBecause today i upgraded to RC4 and after that i didn't have  the options to add favicon ,and version not support RC4 !
Do you have info about this is work on RC4 ?

RC4 comes with its OWN favicon.ico file and support which you should just replace. In other words this mod is no longer needed to be updated.

imrich

Can you point me to the documentation or details on how RC4 implements favicon support?

I updated my forum from RC3 to RC4 using the large upgrade files, and I don't see any evidence of favicon support.

I previously (in RC3 and others) used this mod to get my favicon working (I can't place the favicon.ico in the wwwroot of my web sever, it must be in the same folder where SMF is installed.

Am I missing something?? Any help would be appreciated.

imarcoreal

I just Add this package and made the changes, but i dont find any favicon support in the admin panel to change the image.

I use 2.0 rc5.

Regards

MordyT

Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

reap

Quote from: MordyT on March 29, 2011, 01:31:36 PM
Its under current theme settings.
Seems to be that this option is gone in SMF 2.0.1 :( Are there any other solutions to implement a favicon? If I put <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" /> in the theme's index.template.php or index.php the favicon is visible but the fontsize increased.

Cereus

There's a edited version by me. Use by your count and risk.

Hugs.

GigaWatt

Yeah baby, got this working :D. Did the manual edits to my theme (CleanTek) as per the instructions of the author and used the last attachment in this thread ;).

Although, I have to add that it doesn't seem to like .ico files with 8 bit color depth ???. Maybe it's a server issue, who knows. Didn't try with any other color depth, so I just loaded a .png image and it worked :D... except for IE ::).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

Advertisement: