News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Board color and icons

Started by oOo--STAR--oOo, August 19, 2011, 10:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEA

Getting This message after upgrading to 2.0.15 and cant add any categories to the forum because of it.

Field 'board_color' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/kallen/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 790
Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.11. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

SaltedWeb

Not sure if it works for everyone but tested on a board.
This mod seems compatible with 2.0.15
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3023
and I had these mods tested ok for me.
1.   Board-color-and-icons 1.1   
2.   Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.9   
3.   SimplePortal 2.3.7   
4.   Post Anonymously In Topic   2.7   
5.   Quick Ban on Account Delete 1.0.1   
6.   Ultimate Menu 1.0   
7.   Ohara YouTube Embed 1.2.9

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

pepa

Quote from: KEA on January 04, 2018, 09:49:20 AM
Getting This message after upgrading to 2.0.15 and cant add any categories to the forum because of it.

Field 'board_color' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/kallen/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 790
Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.11. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Yes, similar problem here.  I only used this for the colour feature, not icons and it worked well.  However, I just recently need to create a new category and got the error message you mentioned.  Not sure if it's related to 2.0.15 upgrade, I didn't try to create a new category with this mod installed when I was on 2.0.14.

My error message is attached.

pepa

This has just become worse.  I uninstalled the mod. Now I can create a new Category but can no longer create a new board.  I get this error message:

"Field 'img_name' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/psychol1/reformaps.net.au/forum/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 785

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.14. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

What do I do now .. any ideas?

Kindred

You either have to set a default value for those columns, delete the columns or Have your host upgrade MySQL...   this is actually an issue in several MySQL versions..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pepa

Quote from: Kindred on February 11, 2018, 08:04:43 AM
You either have to set a default value for those columns, delete the columns or Have your host upgrade MySQL...   this is actually an issue in several MySQL versions..

Hmmm, thanks for the advice, I can't seem to find those columns in PhpMyAdmin?

pepa

Quote from: pepa on February 11, 2018, 08:14:29 AM
Quote from: Kindred on February 11, 2018, 08:04:43 AM

Hmmm, thanks for the advice, I can't seem to find those columns in PhpMyAdmin?

OK, found it, dropped it and now the error message is:

"Unknown column 'b.color' in 'field list'
File: /home/psychol1/reformaps.net.au/forum/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1064

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.14. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

What's the procedure now?

Kindred

Looks like the mod did not get fully uninstalled.

You will have to manually remove any leftover code
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

pepa

Quote from: Kindred on February 11, 2018, 08:45:19 AM
Looks like the mod did not get fully uninstalled.

You will have to manually remove any leftover code

How would I do that?  Haven't coded around for around 10 years.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: H@M on January 24, 2015, 10:42:37 AM
I'm using Zone99 theme and it doesn't work with me any help please?

And making the modification manually does not work either? I remember that theme gives certain problems with many mods.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

srafie

Quote from: oOo--STAR--oOo on July 07, 2016, 02:13:24 PM
Alright, do you need help fixing anything on this with your current forum?

When I finished doing some of my things I need to do, I will update this mod and have it parse for other themes.
I also wanna allow you to change the position of the icon, before or after the board text. On my old forums, I did actually have the icon before which I think looks better.

example!
http://www.uniquez-home.com [nofollow]

Its old and being redesigning.

Please, how to change icons position before the board text mannually, before you update the mod to do it in the admin panel ?

Thnks

-Rock Lee-

Ah read Manual Installation of Mods? ... I use a dzinerstudio theme and it is possible to adapt it (search for comments and locate it where you should go).

Regards!

srafie

Quote from: Rock Lee on May 20, 2018, 08:58:53 AM
Ah read Manual Installation of Mods? ... I use a dzinerstudio theme and it is possible to adapt it (search for comments and locate it where you should go).

Regards!

Any more tips or links please? i didn't find anythink about dzinerstudio, but i think "oOo--STAR--oOo" has the right way to do that if he reads this

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: srafie on May 21, 2018, 02:03:35 AM
Any more tips or links please? i didn't find anythink about dzinerstudio, but i think "oOo--STAR--oOo" has the right way to do that if he reads this

I do not have any link since I was deducting everything by using a theme by the same author and going through several that with many modifications gave me errors ... it is a matter of putting a hand and adapting it!

Regards!

Advertisement: