News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Error, Missing Table: log_search_words

Started by PenelopeQ, August 21, 2011, 11:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenelopeQ

But what that means is I have not resolved anything since getting the errors that started a few days ago. I can now put the forum in maintenance as needed while troubleshooting.

The table log_search_words does not exist according to errors I am getting when posting and according to the repair and check functions in MySQL databases.
Quote from: error messageTable 'dbname.name_log_search_words' doesn't exist
File: /home/rollerco/public_html/mlcforum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 2027
But I can see it, but clearly something is wrong. upgrade.php got stuck on it.

So my questions

• Since the table doesn't exist, how do I recreated it?
  • In particular, how do I recreate it when I can already see it in phpMyAdmin?
  • Is there somewhere I can  just find a copy of this table and replace it? And if so, how do I replace it?
  • Running upgrade.php put a lot of backed up tables in my phpMyAdmin, can I safely just delete those extras?

PenelopeQ

Anyone?

My bluehost account has 11 days left and I did find my db over there too. The table that is apparently missing at my new host (MoneCarlo) appear to be intact at BH.

Is there a way I can move or copy the table from BH to MC?

kat

I said I'd take a look...

I'm afraid that databases make me go all squiffy. :)

I had a look at my SMF v2 database, though, and the table log_search_words simply doesn't exist.

Just these:

smf_log_search_messages
smf_log_search_results
smf_log_search_subjects
smf_log_search_topics

Now... I checked line 2027 in my Subs-Post.php file and it's a blank line.

So, as Alice once said, whilst she was in Wonderland, "Curiouser and curiouser"...

I'm assuming there's a mod that's altered something.

Are you still upgrading? Or, has that been done and this is a kind of aftermath?

If you've actually done the upgrade, here's what I think I'd do, if I was in your position...

I'd get the LARGE upgrade archive, dearchive it and upload everything to the site, overwriting what's there, now. (Not upgrade.php, though, obviously).

I'm not sure if there's much difference, to be honest. But, I think I'd actually get the INSTALL archive and do it, with that. That'll replace every file with the originals. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T UPLOAD Settings.php!!!!! (That'll totally screw your forum). You don't want install.php, either, for obvious reasons.

Now, please bear in mind that I haven't seen your previous posts, I'm afraid. Read through what I've said, carefully. If it all seems logical, to you, go for it.

But, whatever you do, read my sig, before you do any of that, just in case.

There's no way that doing what I've suggested will break your forum. But, from recent experience, I know that losing your connection, half way through, can be a bit of a pain in the bum.

Illori

install.php and settings.php are not found in the large upgrade package.

kat

Reread my post, Shelly... ;)

Particularly the black word in upper-case...

PenelopeQ

Thank You!

I like that word--squiffy. ::)

I have not redone my upgrade. The closest I got was running the upgrade.php task and it did nothing.

So I last upgraded on 26 June form RC5 to 2.0. Within 24 hours I then added some new mods. Enotify was one of them and I've since read it uses a lot of space or something. I had to move hosts because I was using too much and I still think it may have been due to enotify--not upgrading to 2.0. I uninstalled and removed enotify and it is not gone--I've since seen the sql tables for it but not removed them because I'm afraid to touch anything in phpMyAdmin since Illori says don't if you don't know what you are doing!

It's interesting that you say that table log-search-words is not a table in the stock version. Chirstian from MonteCarlo said that too.
I can find it in my phpMyAdmin list and yet it says it's not there. When I looked by size it was the largest (until I emptied it)and it is the only table that is InnoDB, all the others are MyISAM.

So I can try upgrading again--been considering for a few days. I will download a fresh copy of the package.

Wow, thanks Illori, that was the last question I was typing.

kat

No need to reinstall. Just upload the files that I mentioned and see how it goes.

Illori

Quote from: K@ on August 24, 2011, 04:50:14 PM
Reread my post, Shelly... ;)

Particularly the black word in upper-case...

it had those words in it... i know i saw it ;) but whatever.

kat

I haven't edited it, honest.

It's OK, though. I don't mind you watching my back. :)

PenelopeQ

I'm making fresh backups of both the forum and db files right now.
K@, I've been doing this regularly now--many times in the last few weeks even.--everytime I do pratcially anything now!
I now have a regular backup and a backup folder that is dated with the day I downloaded it.

So the LARGE upgrade archive...that is not the same as the upgrade for 2.0 then? I was just thinking it was the same thing.

Dearchive--what's that? Unzip?

Illori

it is the same as the upgrade for 2.0. dearchive is the same as unzip.

PenelopeQ

Okay, that's what I thought.

Quote from: K@ on August 24, 2011, 04:09:27 PMBut, I think I'd actually get the INSTALL archive and do it, with that.

The Full Install that is above the LARGE Upgrade--install from scratch as it says?

I just want to clarify before continuing.

Illori

the large upgrade package is what you want.

PenelopeQ

Wow, thanks. You are fast today--I was in the middlfe of modifying my message.

I'll just copy and paste what I had prepared...though I know now from your answer to go with the upgrade and not the install.

Regarding the files I do not want to upload
install.php (not included in the upgrade package)
settings.php (and settings_bak.php I assume)
upgrade.php (not included in the full install)

Should I just delete them from the folder? I've got copies in other places--copies that have my specific info. So I'm not worried about not having them on hand if needed.

And what about the install or upgrade text files? Should I remove the first also?
install_2-0_mysql.sql
install_2-0_postgresql.sql
install_2-0_sqlite.sql

upgrade_1-0.sql
upgrade_1-1.sql
upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
upgrade_2-0_postgresql.sql
upgrade_2-0_sqlite.sql

Illori

the sql files will cause no harm to be on your server if you put them there.

PenelopeQ

I did the large upgrade and no change.

But I did find some interesting things before running it.
I had previously done a search on here for log_search_words. I found it in only a few places and it seems to be a table for logging words that have been searched—so it is aptly named.

This thread was interesting.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=410679.msg2862175#msg2862175
It talked about checking the size of the table (in my DB log_search_words was the largest) and then emptying it if it's large, which I then did. That was a few days ago.

Then today I was looking through my error logs in the report area of admin and the errors had a link...so I checked them out. I don't know if it's safe to put up a bunch of the code or not, so here are a few of the coments that precede some of the code instead.

• From Line 2001: // If there's a custom search index, it needs updating...
  • From Line ==>2016: );
    That is the line with the error now—it used to be consistently Line 2027.
  • From Line: 2019: // Increase the post counter for the user that created the post.
    That is interesting because the post counts have not been updating since these errors began.
  • From Line 2028: // They've posted, so they can make the view count go up one if they really want. (this is to keep views >= replies...)
  • From Line 2035: // Update all the stats so everyone knows about this new topic and message.
    A lot of things are not updating. Recent posts and such.
    I ran the maintenance task to Recount all 'forum totals and statisitics'  and they rest properly—but post count did not reset. But they have not continued to update, so I can cause them to reset by manually running the task.
I had also been getting an error when I tried to use the search function—so things seem related. But it didn't let me search at all, whereas there is an error with posting, but messges still post. So I went to the search function in my admin area and it said this.
QuoteYou have currently created two indexes on the messages table. For best performance it is advisable to remove one of the two indexes.Search index
  • No index
  • Fulltext index (Index: already created [remove fulltext index] Size: 53658 KB)
  • Custom index (Index: already created [remove custom index] Size: 0 KB)
Search Method: Force the use of a search index
I switched the radio button from custom to full text and was able to resume the search function—with no error. But now it still says I have two indexes and should remove one. I thought selecting the radio button would do that. Guess not—how do I do that?

kat

It's that phpmyadmin thing, again.

Backup, first, just in case you remove the wrong one.

As it's zero bytes, it's got to be the custom one, Don't you think?

I'd love to know what caused all this, in the first place, though.

It's weird stuff, innit?

PenelopeQ

Okay, so you think I should jsut remove it then--after taking a backup?
I've wondered about that.

Almost forgot...

If I do need to restore from my backup, how do I do that? It's just a text file so it seems so simplistic and thus confusing.

AND Illori said to use notepad++ to open it--or just keep it in that? But when I try to open it iwth notepad++ my system shuts down--it won't do it. It says it is too big when I try in notepad, but it doesn't error me out. I have not been able to open anything in notepad++ since downloading it last week.

kat

Why are you wanting to open it?

Can't you remove the index with phpmyadmin?

Backups...

When you save a backup from the SMF admin panel, it saves your members/posts, etc. (Database). Nothing else.

To do FULL backups, you're best going to your site's CPanel>Files>Backups. (Assuming your host uses CPanel).

You can save the database, from there, and your entire site. (Home directory).

You can restore both, from the same place, too. :)

PenelopeQ

Open it? I don't want to do that.
I was just confirming that you were recommending I remove it using phpMyAdmin--there is that drop function--I think it uses the word drop to mean delete or remove.

I've already made my backup and I only do them through my cpanel these days because it is so much faster and more complete.

And yesterday I tried to backup using the forum's system just to test it and it didn't work. Well, it did not give me any files, it just gave me a massive page of code in the browser. Or maybe it isn't even code but a list--but massive looking. I just ran it again to see.

But restoring the db confuses me. It's easy to restore the main (not DB files) because I just ftp them or use file manager in cpanel. But the Db files confuse me because though I know where to find them using cpanel I still don't understand where they are stored. I get the filpath from my home/fourmname etc for the files in file manager.

So maybe it is something simple. Do I just ftp the db back up to somewhere--and if so, to where? Or use file manager?

I must admit that this past 6-8 weeks of turmoil has been agreat learning experience though. I'm understanding more and more. In June I wouldn't have known what phpMyAdmin even was and would have been freaked out to even find it. Then I did not full understand that the content is in the tables and is separate from the files. I couldn't figure out how upgrades didn't lose content. So sometimes things going wrong is benficial in the long run. I've learned and done multiple methods of backing up several times and now it's old hat!

kat

To restore the database,go to CPanel>Files>Backups and you'll see your database(s), there.

"Download a MySQL Database Backup".

You restore them from exactly the same place.

"Restore a MySQL Database".

It really is that simple.

For the site, itself, you want "Download a Home Directory Backup" and to restore it, you use "Restore a Home Directory Backup".

Doddle. :)

Of course, you can backup using FTP, if you want to, too!

PenelopeQ

Oh DUH, I really did know that. When I backup the restore option sits next to it!

Biting the bullet, doddling is over!

kat

If you need any more help, just ask.

Someone else! ;)

[/joke]

PenelopeQ

Nope, I deleted the table and I get the same posting error--it says the table doesn't exist so at least the error is now accurate!

Something in the processing of posting must try to communicate with that table.

I'm also having issues with the hosting--I'll contact them too.
A week-and-a-half ago we upgraded my package plan because of disk space and bandwidth.

Yesterday I was at 92% of my bandwidth usage limit. Today I'm at 95%.  >:( :o ???

This is all related. I had no problems with that table until upgrading plans.

kat

Dare I ask who your host is? (He says, praying that the answer's not "Godaddy")

oldpilot

Quote from: K@ on August 25, 2011, 04:11:53 PM
Dare I ask who your host is? (He says, praying that the answer's not "Godaddy")
Monte Carlo

PenelopeQ

I chose MonteCarol because of Christian's familiarity with smf. I switched from bluehost in July.

kat

Yeah, you did tell us and I forgot. Sorry 'bout that.

Let's wait until they've got you sorted and see where that leaves us, ay?

Otherwise, we might just be chasing our own tails.

Illori

have you tried going to admin -> search -> search method and click the link create custom index?

any size profile is fine and click create.

this table seems to only be created when creating the custom index. it is not found in a default install.

PenelopeQ

Quote from: Illori on August 25, 2011, 04:30:01 PMhave you tried going to admin -> search -> search method and click the link create custom index?

any size profile is fine and click create.

this table seems to only be created when creating the custom index. it is not found in a default install.
The custom index was selected when I checked yesterday and I was getting errors for searching and not being allowed to search. I switched it back and have no more search errors and no problems searching.

So I am now concerned that I've really messed up. I have a backup of my sql database and can thus restore it. I removed the enotify tables from my db--I uninstalled and deleted enotify back in July because I really think it is the culprit in being a resources sponge. But it was still running. Well I found the tables in the db.

Well, now I cannot get to any of my boards—I can view everything but the boards—main index, admin, search function... errors for the boards and this time it is stating one of the notify tables doesn't exist...well, yeah I agree.
I'm restoring the database now.
Okay, it took awhile, but it says it is restored. BUT it's not! I just went to look in phpMyAdmin and the enotify files are not back...so it isn't restored. I uploaded the sipped file, should I have uploaded the other one?
I disabled maintenance mode to see also...and nope, no luck. I enabled maintenance mode again for the meantime.

Illori

i dont know about the restore, your host should be able to help you with that issue.

PenelopeQ

Okay, I'll let her know.

But UGH, I always feel like I"m imposing. She reasserted that all the issues are smf issue--I know the resotre is different. But still I feel like I'm bothering her.

kat

Illori

i think Christian is a guy... http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=6720

assuming you are talking about the person that manages your hosting.

oldpilot

Quote from: Illori on August 26, 2011, 08:41:33 AM
i think Christian is a guy... http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=6720

assuming you are talking about the person that manages your hosting.

Yes that is him but she was talking to

Quote from: PenelopeQAna Maria from MonteCarol Hosting thinks that we may need to start from scratch with new sites. I think that means reload a new forum--but save the databases with content, she said not to panic, that we wouldn't lose our stuff. She's not sure, but will discuss it with Crhistian when he is back. I was wondering about this same thing.

Illori

the issue seems to be with the database, so i am not sure starting over would help much.

PenelopeQ

Quote from: Illori on August 26, 2011, 09:25:41 AM
the issue seems to be with the database, so i am not sure starting over would help much.
Illori you are correct. I was just hoping that Christian would have an idea to deal with that aspect.

This has been resolved. I want to go over how and what for other users.

In essence it was simple. But first Christian had me uninstall and remove all modifications and themes and run the upgrade again. After that I still had the posting error about the table log_search_words not existing.

log_search_words is a table created with the creation of the custom search index in admin-->search-->search method
Here is what Christian from MonteCarlo Hosting said.
Quote from: ChristianYou're complaining you are using up too much space - most of it is in your database because you are logging all of the words in your forum. This does not work for larger boards.

Please see this thread and follow karl benson's advice:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=290901.0

I had already unselected the custom index radio button, but I failed to notice that next to it was a link to remove the custom index.

Removing the index solved the posting error problem and now my post count and statistics are updating automatically again.

I had performed a search for log_search_words, but maybe it was limited to this board, because I did not ever find that thread--and I don't think OldPilot would have overlooked it either.

kat

Phew!

Thank Omnipotent being that you got that one figured-out, Lady P.

It sure had me baffled... ;)

Thanks for letting us know what was going-on. It may useful, in the future. :)

oldpilot

Well thanks everyone for your help, just out of curiosity I have tried to search for that topic now by copying the title into the search box.  But that does not bring that up.

Now maybe the parameters are not correct or I should use a wildcard, but I was wondering why I can't find it?

oldpilot

Quote from: K@ on August 26, 2011, 04:28:06 PM
Which topic?

This one? http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=290901.0

I have to confess, I use Google to search this site.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22missing+table%22+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.simplemachines.org%2Fcommunity

Yes the one that you listed, thanks for the tip, next time I will use google instead of the search function here.

Advertisement: