News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Error 500 whilst trying to enter admin areas

Started by DrZux, August 22, 2011, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrZux

Hi my name is Joe

Brief explanation,

I can no longer enter the Modification settings area in Admin keep getting this message

/admin/?area=modsettings;sa=general;d98d5174abf=8d4f395e05863e02c1cdcee89f591ef7
Error 500

All other areas of the Forum are fine.

I'm running SMF 2.0 final.
web url thelunatics . co .uk  no spaces
(please note this is a freedom of speech site and some things may be offensive)

I have these Mods Installed

1.     SMFShop    3.1.7
2.   Karma Description Mod   
3.   SimplePortal    2.3.3     
4.   WYSIWYG Quick Reply    2.3     
5.   Users Online Today    2.0 RC4 
6.   SMF Gallery Lite    3.1.1     
7.   Simple Audio Video Embedder    2.0.1     
8.   Google Member Map    2.0.8     
9.   Month User By Smfsimple.com [nofollow]    V1     
10.   Pretty URLs    1.0RC5.2     
11.   Bot Buster    1.1     
12.   Switch Permissions    1.0 
13.   Activity in Profile    1.1     
14.   SMF Arcade    2.5 RC1     
15.   Ad Managment

I've uninstalled all of these and still no change.

Any help would be appreciated

kat

Hi, Joe! Welcome to the madhouse!

Did you install anything, or make any other changes, just before this all went pear-shaped?

DrZux

Hi K

No I have had other mods installed and removed them via package manager, it has me beat as it all worked, then needed to go into the modification settings and it would not let me, so I'm not really aware of when it happened.

Can not remember which mods I tried, then decided not to keep though, again all done through package manager.

Illori

check your server error log for any hints, or ask your host to check them for you.

DrZux

Quote from: Illori on August 22, 2011, 05:01:58 PM
check your server error log for any hints, or ask your host to check them for you.
dumb question of the week, is that stored on my ftp site or will i need to go into my domains control panel

Illori

should be in both places depending on your host

DrZux

Illori

you can always ask your host where the server error log is located.

DrZux

Quote from: Illori on August 22, 2011, 05:21:42 PM
you can always ask your host where the server error log is located.
I will do and repost once I get an answer from them.

DrZux

No help there I'm afraid here is the conversation

Welcome to the One.com [nofollow] chat support. We are doing our best to answer your queries soon. We kindly ask for your understanding that our answers may be delayed during busy periods.
You are now chatting with 'Aubrey'
Aubrey: Thank you for using One.com [nofollow] 24/7 Interactive Online Support. My name is Aubrey. How may I assist you?
you: Hi Aubrey
Aubrey: Hi there
you: I have a quick question, where do I find my server error log for my domain
Aubrey: You do not have access to the server error logs. To define your own php error log, the following code must be present in your php file:
Aubrey: ini_set ('track_errors', 1);
Aubrey: ini_set ('log_errors', 1);
Aubrey: ini_set ('error_log', '/customers/--/--/httpd.www/php_error.log');
you: which php file my main index.php
Aubrey: Any php file where you want to run the error logs.
you: well I'm getting a few error 500 codes wil the above code report errors from all of my forum or just the specific .php i put it in
Aubrey: The specific php file where you placed the code.
you: that is not really a help as I can not find where the error is located, hence the server log question
you: this is the error I'm getting The website encountered an error while retrieving http://thelunatics.co.uk/admin/?area=modsettings;b30bca310=57fcfc725e316c0dd900042a788d809b [nofollow]. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. Here are some suggestions: Reload this web page later. HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.
Aubrey: We cannot provide the server error log. You can put the php error script in your php file or enable the php error messages in your control panel under Advanced section.

Illori

an oversold host, no wonder you are getting no support. if you find a new host that be resolved and we would be able to fix your problem here much easier.

DrZux

I didn't realise that at time and have only just bought domain and package and really don't want to change at moment, it is only the modification area that is effected and everything else is fine, may have to muddle along. I have turned php error reporting on so will see if that reports anything. Again thanks for trying to help it is appreciated.

DrZux

Have got the error message proper now

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /customers/e/f/c/thelunatics.co.uk/httpd.www/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 360

Illori

Illori

DrZux

Thanks for doing that it has same error line 362 now

Illori

that line is exactly the same as in a default file that should not cause an error.

DrZux

is there anyway I can do a complete re-install without losing members, boards and posts

DrZux

this is new error, no one can go into any of the boards without it appearing

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/customers/e/f/c/thelunatics.co.uk/httpd.www/Sources/MessageIndex.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /customers/e/f/c/thelunatics.co.uk/httpd.www/index.php on line 244

Illori

upload a clean set of files from the large upgrade package this will remove all code edits done and mod installs.

DrZux

DrZux

Large upgrade solved all problems, can access all areas and post. Thankyou very much  8)

Advertisement: