News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Invitation Message In Your Face - IMIYF

Started by SnappaGuy, August 25, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEEPSNUYB

Well usually files have the ZIP extension so you can just unzip it using Windows default zip program.  Since you used the gz extension, I had to download WinZip and that is what is in your gz file.

Maybe just ZIP it instead like everyone else?

luuuciano

I use linux... should I use windows, as everyone else?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Arantor

.tar.gz files end up smaller than .zip files because they compress all the content into a single file first (.tar) then compress that which allows it to compress it better.

If you open the .gz file you end up with a tar file, open the tar file to find all the content.

Also, there's no need to be rude and suggest that someone does more work for your convenience rather than you doing a few more mouse clicks.

ViewFromTheBoundary

I have uninstalled the old version and installed the new version, but the same problem has persisted and there is still nothing showing up on the website when I go on as a guest. So could it be to do with a conflict?

luuuciano

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on May 19, 2013, 01:43:58 PM
I have uninstalled the old version and installed the new version, but the same problem has persisted and there is still nothing showing up on the website when I go on as a guest. So could it be to do with a conflict?

Well... it looks like your forum is calling jquery twice... you may try to delete one of the calls, or update the first one (and delete the last one)

And... do not use links inside the text string to show, all the text shown will be a link the registration page

And... try not using quotes " on the text string... ("Introduce Yourself Here")... or try using \"Introduce Yourself Here\"

And... maybe you have a jquery conflict with libraries used on your theme... but its odd, because IMIYF uses the jQuery.noConflict(); way to do it...
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

ViewFromTheBoundary

Right ok, I take it that it is the way the theme is written, how would I go about editing it to try to get it to work?

luuuciano

First, try with a TEST text string, just TEST... it works?

ViewFromTheBoundary

To be honest I wouldnt know where to begin :-\

luuuciano

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on May 20, 2013, 04:01:17 PM
To be honest I wouldnt know where to begin :-\

In the mod configuration... the place where you add the text string... just put TEST, without quotes, etc... just a simple text

ViewFromTheBoundary

Right that worked so I will have a play around and see what causes it to stop working

Edit- Is there a way to turn the background black and the text white? As at the moment it doesnt really stand out due to the colour scheme of my forum

luuuciano

Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on May 21, 2013, 03:25:32 AM
Right that worked so I will have a play around and see what causes it to stop working

Edit- Is there a way to turn the background black and the text white? As at the moment it doesnt really stand out due to the colour scheme of my forum

Great!

On jquery.jgrowl.css change the color setting on

div.jGrowl {
padding: 10px;
z-index: 9999;
color: #000;
font-size: 12px;
}

and background-color on

div.jGrowl div.jGrowl-notification, div.jGrowl div.jGrowl-closer {
background-color: #fff !important;
opacity: .85;
-ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=85)";
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=85);
zoom: 1;
width: 235px;
margin-top: 5px;
margin-bottom: 5px;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 1em;
text-align: left;
display: none;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
}

ViewFromTheBoundary

Quote from: luuuciano on May 21, 2013, 06:18:41 AM
Quote from: DomesticCricketForum on May 21, 2013, 03:25:32 AM

Great!

On jquery.jgrowl.css change the color setting on

div.jGrowl {
z-index: 9999;
color: #000;
font-size: 12px;
}

and background-color on

div.jGrowl div.jGrowl-notification, div.jGrowl div.jGrowl-closer {
background-color: #fff !important;
opacity: .85;
-ms-filter: "progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=85)";
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=85);
zoom: 1;
width: 235px;
margin-top: 5px;
margin-bottom: 5px;
font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 1em;
text-align: left;
display: none;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
}

Again  being an absolute novice, I've looked all over for this but I cant see it. Ive looked all over the modify theme section but cant find the bit you are talking about.

luuuciano

It is a file located on /Themes/default/css/jquery.jgrowl.css
You will have to download, edit, upload using a FTP application... or use any online file edit something your host may provide

And you may check this too http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_colors.asp

ViewFromTheBoundary

No wonder I couldnt find it where I was looking then! ;D

Edit: Is it possible to get it in the middle on the right, rather than the bottom?

Skylined

Thank you for this great mod! :)

I've tried this, but the box won't appear after the line is replaced with what you've said. :(

Quote from: luuuciano on March 31, 2012, 07:28:36 PM
Download your load.php and search for

$.jGrowl("<a href=\'' . $scripturl . '?action=register\'>' . JavaScriptEscape($modSettings['imiyf_txt']) . '</a>", { life: '.(empty( $modSettings['imiyf_life']) ? 10000 : $modSettings['imiyf_life']).', sticky: '.$modSettings['imiyfsticky'].' });

and change it to

$.jGrowl("<a href=\'' . $scripturl . '?action=register\'>' . $modSettings['imiyf_txt'] . '</a>", { life: '.(empty( $modSettings['imiyf_life']) ? 10000 : $modSettings['imiyf_life']).', sticky: '.$modSettings['imiyfsticky'].' });

(erasing JavaScriptEscape( .... ) )

luuuciano

Skylined, nice to know you found it useful.

Can you add an url? so we can see what is wrong (or try, at least)

luuuciano

En el string de texto tenés un salto de línea luego de "comunidad,"?
No se me ocurre qué otra cosa puede ser... probá ponerlo todo en 1 línea y fijate si anda

Skylined

You might want to write what you told me in english, just in case someone else has this same problem.

Yeap, that was it, it's working now, thank you very much. :)

Just one more question, is there a way to insert a line break?

Biology Forums

Idea: It should has a cookie that remembers when the close button was activated, that way it doesn't appear on every page load.

Advertisement: