News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Invitation Message In Your Face - IMIYF

Started by SnappaGuy, August 25, 2011, 11:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luuuciano

Quote from: Skylined on September 15, 2013, 05:55:03 PM
You might want to write what you told me in english, just in case someone else has this same problem.

Yeap, that was it, it's working now, thank you very much. :)

Just one more question, is there a way to insert a line break?

Try using \n where you need the line break

Quote from: Liam_michael on September 15, 2013, 06:01:12 PM
Idea: It should has a cookie that remembers when the close button was activated, that way it doesn't appear on every page load.

Nice feature, but sadly I have no time for improvements... anyway, If someone wants to takeover the mod, just ask
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Skylined

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

radu81

sorry for my bad english

luuuciano

cykes

Works fine on SMF 2.0.11 with a custom theme and in Portuguese!

Thanks! ;)

luuuciano

SnappaGuy

Hello Luuuciano,

Sorry, I'm a few years late, but reading this thread you suggested at one point, you would be interested in someone taking over this mod from you.

Is that still the case, as I have some interest in doing so and updating it to accommodate current versions of SMF.

Regards ... SnappaGuy.

I'm not always right but I'm never wrong!

SnappaGuy

Howdy Everyone,

Firstly, thanks to luuuciano for allowing me to take over this kewl mod, without him, we would not be here.  :)

Secondly, a new version (0.4.0) is available from the downloads area which its believed, addresses those shortcomings users made reference to in the comments here.

I am talking about things that could be construed as problems faced by its users and less about additional features requested, although I am considering addressing some of those requests going forward.

Changes in this version include some cosmetic changes, updating the jQuery/jGrowl libraries, removing single quotes from output text, adding cookie session support, removing support for languages other than English, offering the download in .zip format and adding SMF version checking.

Please feel free to check out the demos, whose links are found on the mods page and leave any bug reports, suggestions and feedback here if you feel inclined.

Regards ... The IMIYF Team.

TurtleKicker

Thanks for this useful mod. I must be missing something, however. What exactly does "sticky" mode do? I tried toggling it on and off but didn't see any change in behavior.

SnappaGuy

Quote from: TurtleKicker on February 28, 2019, 01:50:59 PM
Thanks for this useful mod. I must be missing something, however. What exactly does "sticky" mode do? I tried toggling it on and off but didn't see any change in behavior.

Thanks for the thanks and your trying the mod.

Having 'sticky' mode toggled off, will cause the window to auto close after the time nominated in your settings expires.
Having 'sticky' mode toggled on, will cause the window to remain open until it is manually closed by that person viewing it.

Hoping this explanation goes some way to answering your question.

luuuciano

Quote from: The IMIYF Team on February 27, 2019, 09:27:39 PM
Howdy Everyone,
Firstly, thanks to luuuciano for allowing me to take over this kewl mod, without him, we would not be here.  :)
Secondly, a new version (0.4.0) is available from the downloads area which its believed, addresses those shortcomings users made reference to in the comments here.

Great news! thanks a lot for continue updating the mod!

Quote from: The IMIYF Team on February 28, 2019, 07:51:40 PM
Having 'sticky' mode toggled on, will cause the window to auto close after the time nominated in your settings expires.
Having 'sticky' mode toggled off, will cause the window to remain open until it is manually closed by that person viewing it.

I think it should be the opposite? sticky mode ON to remain there for ever (until someone closes it)... that is "sticky"... I mean, the word...

SnappaGuy

Quote from: luuuciano on February 28, 2019, 08:06:31 PM
Quote from: The IMIYF Team on February 27, 2019, 09:27:39 PM
Howdy Everyone,

Great news! thanks a lot for continue updating the mod!

Quote from: The IMIYF Team on February 28, 2019, 07:51:40 PM
Having 'sticky' mode toggled on, will cause the window to auto close after the time nominated in your settings expires.
Having 'sticky' mode toggled off, will cause the window to remain open until it is manually closed by that person viewing it.

I think it should be the opposite? sticky mode ON to remain there for ever (until someone closes it)... that is "sticky"... I mean, the word...

Our bad luuuciano, your quite correct and I have edited the earlier post, sorry for any confusion.  :)

SnappaGuy

Well its taken almost eight years but IMIYF has just clocked over it's 3000th download.

Thank you to all those people who acquired a copy, here's hoping the next 1000 go by in the next eight MONTHS!  :laugh:

gman123

Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home3/site/public_html/WEBSITE/Sources/Load.php on line 1877
2.0.15 or w/e. Appears to break on install.

Arantor

SnappaGuy

Quote from: gman123 on March 28, 2019, 04:48:36 PM
Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home3/site/public_html/WEBSITE/Sources/Load.php on line 1877

As per Arantor, what version of PHP please?

Biology Forums

What this needs is a cookie to remember when the end-user exits the message.

SnappaGuy

Quote from: SnappaGuy on March 29, 2019, 03:57:27 AM
Quote from: gman123 on March 28, 2019, 04:48:36 PM

As per Arantor, what version of PHP please?

Also which theme are you using?

SnappaGuy

Quote from: Study Force on March 29, 2019, 09:48:45 AM
What this needs is a cookie to remember when the end-user exits the message.

Is this comment as a result of any recent experience with the mod, please elaborate on what your meaning?

From version 0.4.0 onwards, a cookie is set whereby the popup appears only once (*) per browser session, do you mean something else?

* A small caveat, is that with sound notification enabled and using those browsers now prohibiting autoplay in some form, you may see the popup twice, after which it's done with for that browser session.

It gets in your face a little but no longer leaves you with a bloody nose. :)

Advertisement: