News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Fresh SMF 2.0 install- Forum is all text no theme or images showing.

Started by hawaiiautopages, August 25, 2011, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiiautopages

Just did a fresh install using install.php method.  Everything installed with no errors, however when going to forum everything is text only.  No images, theme or colors.  Tried resetting the theme and still same thing. 

Illori

can you give us a link to the forum so we can look and tell you what the problem is?

Illori

i have a feeling they did that already, they said they reset their themes.

Illori

http://hawaiiautopages.com/forum/Themes/default/css/index.css?fin20

QuoteForbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/Themes/default/css/index.css on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at hawaiiautopages.com Port 80

either your theme files are missing from the server or they are not read/writable by the server.

Illori

644 on files and 755 on folders depending on server configuration

hawaiiautopages

Quote from: Illori on August 25, 2011, 05:07:06 PM
644 on files and 755 on folders depending on server configuration

I had everything set at 644 by default.  Maybe that was the issue.

Illori

grzeg8102

HI everybody,
After doing some HTML analysis and going through the forum's plain text sites I saw a button under Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout > Theme Settings: "Attempt to reset all themes'. THIS SOLVED MY PROBLEM!

Seems to be quite rare, but hopefully it will help all others in the future!

Cheers!

DJF-1975

VERY often, even for me the problem is the settings.php and other associated files not being written correctly upon installation,. THIS article covers the most
frequent issue and provides a "fix" file for it. worked for me on many installations the last few revisions.

wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

Cheers.

D

Steve

As this is a solved six year old thread I'm going to lock it to prevent further posting in it. If anyone has any similar issues, please start a new thread. ~ Steve
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: