@mention members

Started by Dragooon, May 02, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastiii

Hello :)
After upgrading from 2.0.18 to 2.0.19 :)
When going to "Profil -> Mentions" section to see all mentions tag, when unchecking the "E-mail mention notifications" checkbox, I'm getting :
Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'email_mentions' at row 1
File: ...\Sources\Subs.php
Line: 542

Everything was good in 2.0.18, is there a change in DB post that trigger this issue after going to 2.0.19 ?
Thanks.

Arantor

@Sebastiii this is a known bug in the mod.

Quote from: Shambles on December 04, 2019, 02:34:33 PMUnder PHP 7.1, when unchecking Profile > Profile Info > Mentions > E-mail mention notifications:

The (bool) cast within Mentions.php is no longer returning 0 when false; it's returning null, causing the above error.

Solution:

Sources/Mentions.php

Code (Find) Select
if (!empty($_POST['save']) && $user_info['id'] == $memID)
updateMemberData($memID, array('email_mentions' => (bool) !empty($_POST['email_mentions'])));

Code (Replace) Select
if (!empty($_POST['save']) && $user_info['id'] == $memID)
updateMemberData($memID, array('email_mentions' => empty($_POST['email_mentions']) ? 0 : 1));

Sebastiii

Hi @Arantor
This is great :)
Thanks a lot

sporty88

Quote from: Apostaganha on May 02, 2014, 04:10:38 PMty Dragooon, this plugin its awesome, great work, Thanks!

Thanks for this!

jsx

Quote from: landyvlad on February 09, 2022, 07:15:17 PMI am currently using this mod.

Presumably the mentions are held in the database.

When upgrading from 2.0.19 to 2.1.0 (full upgrade package) is it possible to carry over the mentions to the new forum? (Given that it's a core feature of the 2.1.x series, not a mod)

If so, how would I go about doing so please?

I have the same question. Is there any solution to transfer mentions from this mod to the mentions system in SMF 2.1?

@GL700Wing you know this mod well. What do you think, is it feasible?

GL700Wing

Quote from: jsx on September 01, 2022, 05:41:26 AM
Quote from: landyvlad on February 09, 2022, 07:15:17 PMI am currently using this mod.

Presumably the mentions are held in the database.

When upgrading from 2.0.19 to 2.1.0 (full upgrade package) is it possible to carry over the mentions to the new forum? (Given that it's a core feature of the 2.1.x series, not a mod)

If so, how would I go about doing so please?

I have the same question. Is there any solution to transfer mentions from this mod to the mentions system in SMF 2.1?

@GL700Wing you know this mod well. What do you think, is it feasible?
@jsx I've thought about this but given that mentions are mostly considered to be transient/temporary in nature I don't think it's worth transferring them from SMF 2.0 to SMF 2.1.

That said, I haven't looked into what would be involved in transferring this mod's mentions from SMF 2.0 to SMF 2.1 and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to commit to doing something like this for at least a couple of months (upcoming planned holidays).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Steve

Quote from: GL700Wing on September 02, 2022, 07:51:50 AM(upcoming planned holidays)
What?? Didn't they tell you when you joined the team that Australians aren't allowed to take holidays?  :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

GL700Wing

Quote from: Steve on September 02, 2022, 09:20:14 AM
Quote from: GL700Wing on September 02, 2022, 07:51:50 AM(upcoming planned holidays)
What?? Didn't they tell you when you joined the team that Australians aren't allowed to take holidays?  :P
Yeah right - 4WD ready, camper trailer almost packed, Outback Australia calling ...  ;D

(And that's just September/October, November is motorcycling!)
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Steve

jsx

Quote from: GL700Wing on September 02, 2022, 07:51:50 AM@jsx I've thought about this but given that mentions are mostly considered to be transient/temporary in nature I don't think it's worth transferring them from SMF 2.0 to SMF 2.1.

That said, I haven't looked into what would be involved in transferring this mod's mentions from SMF 2.0 to SMF 2.1 and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to commit to doing something like this for at least a couple of months (upcoming planned holidays).

I understand, thanks for the information. Maybe someday when you have time you will look at the solution of this. It would be nice to have such a solution.

I wish you a good holidays :)

Kootch

Okay, I have 2.1.2 running.  I added this mod and started getting errors right away. I've tried installing and uninstalling a couple times.  I've tried to go in and wipe every mention of it in the database but I still keep getting errors.

How can I completely obliterate this mod from my site? For some reason I can't post screenshots here of the errors.

Suggestions?

jsx

SMF 2.1 has its own built-in mentions system.

Steve

You'll need to go to the mod link, select packages, select SMF version 2.0.7 and click parse. You'll need to ensure all the changes it made were removed.

This mod isn't compatible with 2.1.2 and as @jsx said, it's a built-in function of 2.1.2.

Kootch

Quote from: jsx on October 03, 2022, 08:15:30 AMSMF 2.1 has its own built-in mentions system.

How do you use the built-in mentions system in 2.1?

Shades.

Quote from: Kootch on October 06, 2022, 10:54:20 PMHow do you use the built-in mentions system in 2.1?
Admin>Features and Options>Mentions

Check to enable "Enable Mentions", Select & choose "Membergroups allowed to mention users", click save. Go to Admin>Permissions>General Permissions and under each membergroup find "Mention others via @name" and put a check beside it if you want that membergroup to be able to mention other members. Then go anywhere on your forum and type @member with "member" being the username of the member you're mentioning and that's it. They (the person you mentioned in the previous step) will then receive an alert that they had been mentioned.

Hope that helps! 8)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Steve

Shades.

ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

FragaCampos

After 2 years working on my forum, the mod stopped creating the link in the usernames' mention on posts. The rest seems to be working.
The only thing I did was install Quick Spoiler.

I uninstalled the spoiler mod, but the problem persists, so I believe it messed some file which I can not detect.

Can someone give me a help on this, please?

aegersz

It might be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the Mentions mod again.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: