News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[Paid] Update 'Buy Me a Beer' mod for SMF 2.0

Started by ApplianceJunk, September 01, 2011, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

Here is the mod page for Buy Me a Beer.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=830

When I asked about the mod in this topic...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=451001.0

I was told....

Quotelooks like that mod can have a new author and updated to 2.0 due to comments on the last page of the support thread, you can post in the mod requests board and see if anyone wants to take it on and update it.

So here I am asking.... :)

I would be willing to pay $25 to have someone update this mod for SMF 2.0 and to make sure the beer icon can be seen by guest and members alike.

Thanks...

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: live627 on September 01, 2011, 06:06:18 PM
Deal.

Awesome, thanks!

I have no idea what the process is to take over a mod and update it, but seeing you have a list of mods already I would guess you know the steps.
Once the mod page shows it's been updated by you for smf 2.0 let me know and I will paypal you the funds, does that sound fair?

live627

I have the mod finished, although that specific mod page stays intact. I believe Karl lets whoever takes over his mods make a new entry so the old mod page still lists him as the author.. That's how it was in the past.

However... this one is not merely an update. This one cleverly hacks into the custom profile fields so as not to add a new column to the database nor edit any templates. In essence, a rewrite, It still retains the name, image, and language strings.

ApplianceJunk

That was quick. :)

QuoteHowever... this one is not merely an update. This one cleverly hacks into the custom profile fields so as not to add a new column to the database nor edit any templates. In essence, a rewrite, It still retains the name, image, and language strings.

So where do we go from here? Will the mod page be updated so the new version for 2.0 can be downloaded from the mod page?

I see on the mod page in the description area it says...

QuoteThis mod has been taken over by MrBabbelen

Will it now get updated to your name and link to a new mod page?

QuoteHowever... this one is not merely an update. This one cleverly hacks into the custom profile fields so as not to add a new column to the database nor edit any templates. In essence, a rewrite, It still retains the name, image, and language strings.

Awesome!

live627

QuoteWill it now get updated to your name and link to a new mod page?
That once is gone.

live627

I've uploaded it to my file repository. I'll PM you the link if that's fine.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: live627 on September 01, 2011, 11:58:59 PM
I've uploaded it to my file repository. I'll PM you the link if that's fine.

That's fine, but it will get posted on smf for everyone to use eventually right?

live627

Yes, but it must be approved first. Which can take... ages.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: live627 on September 02, 2011, 12:07:44 AM
Yes, but it must be approved first. Which can take... ages.

Ok, pm me your paypal address too, thanks!

ApplianceJunk

Ok, it installed without errors, but when I go to my profile and fill in the "PayPal address for users to buy you a beer:
Allows users to reward you for your posts" text box, then click "change profile" it say's my profile has been updated, but the text box where I put my paypal email address is blank again.

I tried it a couple times and it was always the same, says update profile, but paypal email is gone and no beer icon shows up in user box in post.

live627

You have PHP 5.2.x, then? I think the behavior or the methods I used changed in 5.3.

ApplianceJunk

testing it on localhost with MAMP PHP Version 5.3.2

live627

I attached Subs-Beer.php with some changes. Can you replace the one in your Sources directory with it?

ApplianceJunk

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, I had to sleep  ::)

I replaced the Subs-Beer.php and it worked!

I sent you $25 via paypal...

Thanks!

ApplianceJunk

QuoteThis one cleverly hacks into the custom profile fields so as not to add a new column to the database nor edit any templates. In essence, a rewrite, It still retains the name, image, and language strings.

Wanted to let you know that we just updated our site to SMF 2.0 and I installed your buy me a beer mod along with the one new file you sent me.

Seem to work fine, but it did not seem to save the members paypal email address. I have only checked mine and one of our main helpers profile and seen there profile paypal email address was blank.

Not a big deal at all for us as it's easy enough to let them know that they simply have to fill the email address in again, but thought you may like to know.

Thanks again for getting this mod updated so quickly for us.

ApplianceJunk

Ok, along with the other problems I sent you a PM about you can add this one to the list. :)

With the buy me a beer mod installed I can not change my profile password.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=451460.0

After reading the errors again after I posted them in the above link I thought I wonder if it could be related to the beer mod so I un installed the mod and then I was able to change my profile password.

Please let me know when you have it all working and I will give it another try.

Thanks again for all the work you have done so far on it.

Illori

since live627 is not a charter member any longer he would not be able to view that thread, you should copy the error messages to this thread.

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: Illori on September 05, 2011, 05:06:08 PM
since live627 is not a charter member any longer he would not be able to view that thread, you should copy the error messages to this thread.

Ok, I will try that...

Here is a copy of the other post where I was having a problem changing my forum password, thanks Illori. :)

------------------------------------

When I try to change my admin password I get direct to a page that says...

An Error Has Occurred!
The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: value

Then in the error log I see this...

Quotehttp://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=1;saveThe database value you're trying to insert does not exist: value
Function: makeCustomFieldChangesFile: /home/applianc/public_html/forums/Sources/Profile-Modify.php
Line: 1335

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=1;save8: Undefined variable: valueFile: /home/applianc/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Beer.php
Line: 79

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=account;u=1;save8: Undefined variable: valueFile: /home/applianc/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Beer.php
Line: 77

Line: 69

Edited to add: Seem the buy me a beer mod needs a little more work before it's ready for SMF 2.0
I removed the mod and that seem to take care of my above problem.

Advertisement: