Mambo bride problem

Started by S25, August 09, 2005, 07:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S25

OK well I'm using the MamboSMFForum_1.3.2b1 bridge to try and intergate SMF into mambo i ran the conversion script from PHPBB witch worked flawlessly and i have them both in the same database and the component part on mambo is working fine but I'm having problems on the SMF side you see i get the following error when i try and install it

QuoteInstall Actions for archive SMFMamboMod_1.3.2b1.zip:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
       Type                           Action                              Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php                           Failure
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/script.js    Success
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Post.php               Failure
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Post.php    Success
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Profile.php                 Success
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php                  Failure
7.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/LogInOut.php               Success
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/QueryString.php      Success

IM running the most recent version and i think this is stopping it from working (the component) All help is welcome.By the way this forum really kills phpBB.

I think this is where the problem lies.You see it all seems to work but does not convert it over.I tried doing it manually but got confused when i could not find the right part of the file completely .

Aravot

You are using the mambohacks version of the bridge which is different from the bridge supported here.

S25

OK well now im trying to do it with MOS_SMF Bridge and i get the following error

Install Actions for archive smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
                Type                          Action               Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Failure
2.    Execute Modification    ./index.php                  Success
3.    Extract File                   ./Sources/MOS_SMF.php

So when i read the help it tells me this
If it will not install, unzip it, and upload MOS_SMF.php to your SMF Sources directory,
and follow the instructions in the mambo.mod file to make changes to your SMF files.
So when i attempt to do that on the second modification of Subs.php i am told to

<search for>
[code]// Put the session ID in.
if (defined('SID') && SID != '')
$setLocation = preg_replace('/^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '(?!\?' . preg_quote(SID, '/') . ')(\?)?/', $scripturl . '?' . SID . ';', $setLocation);
</search for>

<add after>

if (function_exists('mambo_smf_url'))
      $setLocation = mambo_smf_url($setLocation);
</add after>[/code]

But if you look at Subs.php there is no
<search for>
// Put the session ID in.
if (defined('SID') && SID != '')
$setLocation = preg_replace('/^' . preg_quote($scripturl, '/') . '(?!\?' . preg_quote(SID, '/') . ')(\?)?/', $scripturl . '?' . SID . ';', $setLocation);
</search for>

<add after>

if (function_exists('mambo_smf_url'))
$setLocation = mambo_smf_url($setLocation);
</add after>

Aravot

Make sure you are using correct version of the bridge

MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_SMF1.1b3 is for SMF 1.1

and

MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable is for SMF 1.0.x

S25

All has seemed to work i fear i was using the wrong version.Well got some small problems to sort out now things to do with templates but thats normal.

Edit:
Damn i tried to do it myself but am failing i want my subBlack template to work with this but i am having problems first of all how do i edit the SMF cms to stop it from messing with my colours ect and also when i log in the menu is put halfway down the page rather than at the top.

Thanks guys

S25

OK i am having a bit of a problem i tried to install a new template and get the following error

QuoteWarning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined index: time_format in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 176

Notice: Undefined index: theme_guests in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 657

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Subs.php on line 232

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 683

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 693

Notice: Undefined index: theme_url in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 700

Notice: Undefined index: images_url in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 701

Notice: Undefined index: theme_dir in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 702

Notice: Undefined index: smiley_sets_known in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 721

Notice: Undefined index: smiley_sets_default in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 721

Warning: array_unshift(): The first argument should be an array in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 762

Notice: Undefined index: theme_dir in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 822

Notice: Undefined index: default_theme_dir in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 824

Notice: Undefined index: default_theme_dir in /home/a0tu/public_html/mambo/bbs/Sources/Load.php on line 831
index

xenovanis

You'll need to add the code required in step 4 to the index.php of every Mambo template you install.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

S25

Thank you.Is there anyway i can make the forum follow the same stylesheet as the mambo one?

Kindred

yes..

1) use a template/theme combination that's already been optimized...
2) do your own merge and optimize of the mambo and SMF CSS files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

S25

How would i do it myself if i already have the template?

S25

Uhhh i dont know whats going on but now whenever i try to goto the forums it shows up all messed up.
http://www.a0tu.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=28

Hmm any ideas guys on fixing this one?

Kindred

don't show the recent posts module on the same screen as the forum...

for some reason, modules using straight SSI will cause the forum to choke...

(which is yet another reason to extract the SSI function into a separate module for mambo, as I did with my modules...)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

S25

If i make the SMF css the same as the mambo css will that make it look the same as mambo?OR if i just delete the similar names in the SMF one will that work?

Thank you Kindred by the way that did the trick ;)

Kindred

yes and yes....  I have found the best bet is to merge the two CSS files, including merging same-name types and then save the "merge" file to both smf and mambo...
This can lead to some issues with dynamic menu things...

So....   alternatively, save only the smf specific ones to SMF...  anything for mambo or shared can be saved in the mambo one...
Слaва
Украинi

S25

Ok well ive been at this for a while and in youre opinion is there any things in the default template that i gotta change to make it fit in well.

Thanks for all youre helps guys
James  ;)

Kindred

yes...  personally, when I merge a forum into mambo, the first thing I do is remove the entire "top" section of SMF code...   I get ride of the login box, the news box, the keystats and the menu buttons...
Слaва
Украинi

S25

Please aprdon my ignorance but i was trying to do that but i kept messing up my php i was editing the index.php file in my template folder.With the CSS i tried just throwing in my mambo CSS and it worked to a extent but things did not look right.What are the most common things you have to change specificaly with the SMF CSS like wich parts

Sorry for all the questions but im struggling on my own
James

tentronik

THe SMF template use a diffrent CSS stylesheet then mambo does.
So if you want to merge them start with the links.

eg.
copy all the a. codes over to the other css  which you  wish to replace.
Then look for body .td stuff then for color and quote tags.

Windowbg is for smf background table colors.

S25

Where do i edit the code to remove the use menu at the top of the page?

Kindred

the SMF CSS is included in the SMF download package, available int he download section of this site.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: