News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Security issue?

Started by oOo--STAR--oOo, September 04, 2011, 10:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

I don't know the answer to your question about Chrome.
Since you don't know where the jar file came from, or what it contained, it will be difficult to match it against any of the known exploits.
We don't know WHAT route it took to get onto your server.  So it will be difficult to learn any more about what vulnerability caused the problem.
We don't have any evidence, for example, that this problem was related to SMF at all.

I'm glad your desktop and your website are both "cured" now.
Do you think there is anything else the SMF team could do now to help you with this issue?
Do you
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

oOo--STAR--oOo

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 30, 2011, 09:22:48 AM
I don't know the answer to your question about Chrome.
Since you don't know where the jar file came from, or what it contained, it will be difficult to match it against any of the known exploits.
We don't know WHAT route it took to get onto your server.  So it will be difficult to learn any more about what vulnerability caused the problem.
We don't have any evidence, for example, that this problem was related to SMF at all.

I'm glad your desktop and your website are both "cured" now.
Do you think there is anything else the SMF team could do now to help you with this issue?
Do you

Lol smart.

Nah its fine.. I know the vulnerability is in Chrome not SMF.
But thanks you offered the best help possible.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

Angelina Belle

Al the best.  Hope it doesn;'t happen to you again!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: