News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Update gone bad

Started by Enzofielt, September 19, 2011, 12:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

the chmod is not set automatically, some servers will try to set it but it is always best to verify it is set correctly for the application you are running.

Enzofielt

Hmmmm, maybe thats one of the problems.
Running my forum on SMF 2.0.13

Enzofielt

I am tryingto do the upgrade again with al chmods manualy set, i get the next error

" Error retrieving information on step: Clean up any pre-2.0 mod settings (part 2). (Item: 222)"

any idea?

Illori

what script are you running that is giving that error?

Enzofielt

the large update for 2.01, the script did not finish and therefore i am completely stuk now.
I have a database backup, can i do a compleet new install ?

Illori

i never told you to run the upgrade.php script i just told you to copy the files

Enzofielt

Ok, i understood that the upgrade.php would override the damaged files.
I this way the installed mods would be gone, have i greated any more problems now ?

Illori

no upgrade.php does not do that and i am not sure if you have more problems or not as i have not seen that error before.

Enzofielt

Well, the forum is still running  and because the upgrade did not finisch there will be a problem left.
Will a full update cleanup the forum or are there other options left,

Illori

i dont know if there will be problems as i have not seen that error before. you should have clean files now if you followed any of the directions you were given.

Enzofielt

Enzofielt

The forum has not been changed, the ezPortal mod still cant be installed and the sa-chat mod is still there.
It really looks to be a problem with the mod settings, this because the error report also give the "Clean up any pre-2.0 mod settings " error.
Is there a way to only replace this file maybe ?

Illori

no as that is part of the database not a file.

Enzofielt

I am lost now, what to do ?

Illori

try posting in the mods support thread(s) and see what ideas they have.

Enzofielt

Angelina Belle

Did you replace your SMF files with the ones from the large install set?

You would do this, not by running upgrade.php, but by copying all the files up to the server using ftp or any tool your host supplies in the account control panel. Have you tried this step?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Enzofielt

I will try, thanks.
Hope i gett i going againg soon  :-\

Enzofielt

I have got it going again, after removing al smf files (not settings.php and de downloads) i copied the large upgrade to my server.
After setting all the correct chmods the forum reinstalled nicely, thanks to all for your help.

Angelina Belle

I'm so glad you solved that. I know it was frustrating.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: