News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

email activation don't send

Started by lalomii, September 05, 2011, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lalomii

Hi...
I 'am new on smf machine, i have installed smf 2.0 on my forum but when i try to register and i am going to my email (yahoo mail or gmail). There isn't email from my forum. but in my forum there are list of awaitng activation member..

I have acitivate the email activation on new registration member...

does any one can help ???

mashby

That just means that new members have to click a link from an email generated from your forum. So unless you are creating members using email addresses you can get to, all registration emails will be going to users' inboxes. Does that help?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

lalomii

the problem is there isn't an email activation from the forum, so the new restrant member can't activate their membership...

mashby

Are you the admin on your forum? Mind providing a link to your site?
- James M. Barrie

lalomii

mashby

OK. What is the webmaster email address for your site?
Configuration > Server Settings > General
I tried to register for your site and indeed I haven't gotten anything in the past 20 minutes. Are you able to send from that email address? I see four members on your site. I am guessing you set them up manually?
- James M. Barrie

lalomii

my webmaster email : [email protected].

for the first time i installed smf 2.0. registration member doesn't need any email activation.

mashby

OK, I just tried to send an email to that address and the server rejected it. That might explain why your site cannot send emails for registration.
- James M. Barrie

mashby

Interesting. I just got an email marked as [SPAM] but had enough information that I know it isn't spam that had the registration information and link to activate my account. Not sure why it took so long to receive it, but I did get it after about an hour.
- James M. Barrie

lalomii

how to solve that...

are you have suggestion...

lalomii

untill now, i still can't receive an email activation from my forum.

Illori

have you asked your host about the email problem? sounds like an issue with their email server.

LetterBox

I had the EXACT same problem.

And that's just after i got my new host...

Bought godaddy hosting couple of days ago, and that happened. -.-

Took long long time before the mail reach. I tried bluehost now, and it's perfect.

Illori

well bluehost is not much better then godaddy they are both oversellers, over time you will have issues with either of them.

LetterBox

True, but i guess i was desperate to set-up my forum, thus, i just switched over without using up the 30 days godaddy hosting.... and there's no problem then.

lalomii

what are yout mean with my email server, more detail please... :) :) :)

actually...

i can send and receive email normally in my webmail program...

lalomii

i try smf with different web hosting and finally my problem is solved....
;D ;D ;D

Advertisement: