You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.

Started by WACKI56, September 07, 2011, 07:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

Quote from: Tothamplains on October 10, 2011, 09:50:44 AM
INSERT INTO `smf_admin_info_files`
   (`id_file`, `filename`, `path`, `parameters`, `data`, `filetype`)
VALUES (1, 'current-version.js', '/smf/', 'version=%3$s', '<HTML><BODY>The URL you requested has been blocked. URL = www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=SMF+2.0.1</BODY></HTML>
', 'text/javascript'),
   (2, 'detailed-version.js', '/smf/', 'language=%1$s&version=%3$s', '<HTML><BODY>The URL you requested has been blocked. URL = www.simplemachines.org/smf/detailed-version.js?language=english&amp;version=SMF+2.0.1</BODY></HTML>
', 'text/javascript'),

QuoteThe URL you requested has been blocked. URL = www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=SMF+2.0.1
I think that lines speaks for itself ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Tothamplains

Joker™

Quote from: Tothamplains on October 10, 2011, 11:08:47 AM
Quote from: Joker™ on October 10, 2011, 09:57:48 AM

QuoteThe URL you requested has been blocked. URL = www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=SMF+2.0.1
I think that lines speaks for itself ;).

I agree.  It just seemed too obvious.

Quote from: Joker™ on September 08, 2011, 01:33:25 PM
Check with your host that that there are no firewall restrictions and fsockopen is enabled.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Tothamplains

Quote from: Joker™ on October 10, 2011, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: Joker™ on September 08, 2011, 01:33:25 PM
Check with your host that that there are no firewall restrictions and fsockopen is enabled.

Thanks for your help. fsockopen is enabled so I guess it's my service provider's firewall. I'll contact them.

Muaddib

Quote from: Joker™ on September 12, 2011, 05:14:03 AM
Please answer these question too
Quote from: Joker™ on September 10, 2011, 06:09:07 AM
Also what mods do you have installed?
The fetched info is saved to the DB table "_admin_info_files", so there can be some conflicting mod.
Also can you verify that there is data in the "_admin_info_files" table?

The problem is (in my case) in _admin_info_files.
In the field path is stored in every row the value '/foro/' which is the path of the local installation of my forum (mydomain.com/foro/) and then, the task created by smf forum is looking for current-version.js file in the URL  simplemachines.org/foro/latest-packages.js?language=spanish_es&version=SMF+2.0.2, that don't exists. The correct path is  simplemachines.org/smf/latest-packages.js?language=spanish_es&version=SMF+2.0.2
The solution is just change this values (i.e. using phpmyadmin) from *whatever you have* to /smf/
At least this worked for me.
Luck!

Joker™

Quote from: Muaddib on December 30, 2011, 03:05:26 PM
In the field path is stored in every row the value '/foro/' which is the path of the local installation of my forum (mydomain.com/foro/) and then, the task created by smf forum is looking for current-version.js file in the URL  simplemachines.org/foro/latest-packages.js?language=spanish_es&version=SMF+2.0.2, that don't exists. The correct path is  simplemachines.org/smf/latest-packages.js?language=spanish_es&version=SMF+2.0.2
The solution is just change this values (i.e. using phpmyadmin) from *whatever you have* to /smf/
Luck!

Thanks a lot for sharing your fix.

* Joker™  notes it down in his secret diary

Tothamplains, any progress on your end?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

berkens

Quote from: Joker™ on December 31, 2011, 08:05:50 AM
Quote from: Muaddib on December 30, 2011, 03:05:26 PM
Luck!

Where can I find the "_admin_info_files" ?

Don't know what is ment.

Greetings Ben...

Joker™

Quote from: berkens on January 07, 2012, 11:26:53 AM
Where can I find the "_admin_info_files" ?

Don't know what is ment.

Greetings Ben...

Quote from: Joker™ on September 10, 2011, 06:09:07 AM
Also what mods do you have installed?

The fetched info is saved to the DB table "_admin_info_files", so there can be some conflicting mod.
With that please open a separate topic for yourself as it becomes a bit difficult for us too manage so many people in a single topic.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Dblog

okay i found a solution.
in the database, smf_admin_info_files table was empty.
my existing smf installation was in 'forums' directory.
so i created another installation of smf in another directory (smf) through autoinstaller in cpanel, exported the smf_admin_info_files table from new database, changed the forum url from /smf/ to /forums/ in the dump and exported it to  old database.

now smf is able to pull live feed

Advertisement: