Theme : Red it Random

Started by Ricky., September 08, 2011, 10:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Pfaff

Quote from: Ricky. on December 20, 2011, 04:47:22 PM
Quote from: Michael Pfaff on December 20, 2011, 04:43:49 PM
Yeah, most of the time it works great. Every now and then there is slow-down. I'm wondering if GoDaddy is just trying to pawn the issue off.

Its Godday, you should have mentioned that earlier.. lols..
And yes, you got it right, they always do that ie. to blame scripts for server faults.

Suggestions for a better host?

Ricky.

Go for anyone who is not a over seller, just keep distance from those who sell unlimited bandwidth / unlimited space. Those are good for new sites.

Boxer2

How to move simple search field and button from upper right side to lower, just a litle bit above main menu

FOrum index is  http://alfa-corse.com/forum/index.php
SMF je zakon a zakon se mora poštivati.

www.alfisti.hr

Ricky.

You can move it a little without disturbing other things,
Find :
#upper_section div.news {
    color: #DDDDDD;
    float: right;
    text-align: right;
    width: 50%;
}

Replace with :

#upper_section div.news {
    color: #DDDDDD;
    float: right;
    margin-top: 3.1em;
    text-align: right;
    width: 50%;
}

Ofcourse in index.css of theme.

Boxer2

SMF je zakon a zakon se mora poštivati.

www.alfisti.hr

Michael Pfaff

Ricky, back again for some help.

I just installed the FAQ Mod by Suki and it's drawing style colors for the page from somewhere and I'm not sure how to change it. Basically, the background color for the FAQs are a dark red (similar to the color used in the info center background) and it's make the text nearly impossible to read.

My goal is to change the color for those backgrounds to be a grey to match the board index. But, I'm not sure how to fix it. I asked Suki in her mod thread, but she referred me to the CSS style in the theme:

Quote from: Suki on January 19, 2012, 03:46:09 PM
All the css is set at Sources/Faq.php  file, look for a function name "headers"  or something, I renamed the function and forgot the old name.

On that funciton you can change the style.

Each Faq uses generic SMF styles.

I'm wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction or assist me with matching up her style function to the right function in Red It Random to make the text more legible.

My forum is: http://louisvillednd.com/forum/index.php

I've made the FAQ page visible for guests so you can see what I mean.

Ricky.

I just checked your page, there I see content1 as class being used, is it that you want to change "coming soon" to something more visible ?
THen in index.css of red it random theme, add at end of file:

.content1 {
color: #fff;
}

Let me know if that helps.

Michael Pfaff

Quote from: Ricky. on January 20, 2012, 01:44:08 AM
I just checked your page, there I see content1 as class being used, is it that you want to change "coming soon" to something more visible ?

.content1 {
}

That was my next option! Changing the text to white. That works! Thanks!

Michael Pfaff

Quote from: Ricky. on January 20, 2012, 01:44:08 AM

.content1 {
}

Darn. So I thought this worked, until I started adding more FAQs. The new FAQs continue to have black text for some reason...

Any ideas?

Ricky.

That can be controlled from mod however, you can remove my previous given code and now instead add in index.css at the end:

.faqs
{
    color:#fff;
}

Michael Pfaff

Quote from: Ricky. on January 20, 2012, 09:50:03 AM
That can be controlled from mod however, you can remove my previous given code and now instead add in index.css at the end:

.faqs
{
    color:#fff;
}

That worked! Fantastic. Thanks!

babalola olasehinde

pls i just downloaded this theme and i wish to change from my present theme (green theme 2) to this Red-it-random and its not loading fully , pls what could be the problem? i have already set my overall defaukt theme to this your theme but its not showing at all .i.e the red is not showing at all

Ricky.

Have you tried.. Reset Everyone to under Admin --> Configuration --> themes and layout --> Manage and Install ?

Also, see for guests can you see Red it Random, if so then for admin change theme preference from his profile.

babalola olasehinde

i have done both suggestion and its still thesame. i reset everyone to red-it-random and also did that for guess ,but its showing its has being install .i.e i can see it via football but its not showing any RED . counting on you .thx

Ricky.

Try login as normal user or any other user, see if then  you get Red it Random or not !

babalola olasehinde

i just login as another user and its not showing the red colour but the footer is telling me i am using red-it-random

Ricky.

Are you sure theme path is correct at : Admin --> configuration --> current theme,
check there what path its showing, or show us screenshot (if you can).

babalola olasehinde

finally i have being able to fix it.i really appreciate your effort for your quick response. i discovered when i visited the path,i check the file red-it-random that i uploading only to discovered that i uploaded a 0kb file. i quickly went to my cpanel file manager to upload it manually and the whole problem was fix. my forum www.havilah.info is now showing the red-it-random colour and its perfect.thx

lastly before i forget,i am presently using smf chat script at the top of my forum but because i have change my theme to red-it-random, i can only see the present chat page and if i attempt of check the old page,it will display but the RED clour will not allow me to read the content. anyway out?

Ricky.

You may consider us giving test account so that can see it.

kohkikker

Please help me.

How to edit this template.

Advertisement: