News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

TopicRenamer

Started by D#S, September 08, 2011, 11:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Thanks Pe, I mean Arantor. That's done the trick ... no more errors. Appreciate the help.  :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Steve

I don't suppose anyone wants to take on making this compatible with 2.1.1?

Or even if it's allowed ... the licensing issues always confuse me ...

Diego Andrés

Don't think so, but @digger is still around I believe?
The mod looks updated on github
https://github.com/realdigger/SMF-Topic-Renamer

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Steve

Thanks but there seems to be a problem with it. I can't find anywhere to rename the topic and uninstalling the mod gives the following error:

Delete File    themedir/TopicRenamer.template.php    Not found

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: Steve on April 04, 2022, 07:01:31 PMThanks but there seems to be a problem with it. I can't find anywhere to rename the topic and uninstalling the mod gives the following error:

Delete File    themedir/TopicRenamer.template.php    Not found

The Topic Renamer link can be found at the topic moderation buttons area, the very last button. Please see the attached screenshot.

You get that error during the un-installation, because there is a typo at the mod's package-info.xml file. This code:

<remove-file name="themedir/TopicRenamer.template.php" />
should have been:

<remove-file name="$themedir/TopicRenamer.template.php" />
If you want to uninstall the mod, you can go ahead, and then you can delete manually the TopicRenamer.template.php file afterwards.

Steve

I know where the rename button should be but I'm not getting it from the github version. But thanks Doug. :)

jsx

I also downloaded the version from github, in the package I replaced the files with those from github, I packed the package and installed the mod.

But the button is not displayed correctly:

But now I made the package like this, the mod works, the button displays correctly.

Content in the Install folder:

This is the correct creation of this modification package?

Michael Vail

I installed version 2.2 that I downloaded from this mods page here on the forum. It has the updated XML file and installed without a hitch. I tested it on a thread that had been merged multiple times and had different subjects for several of the posts and it perfectly renamed the subject lines of all the posts in the thread I tested it on. Just wanted anyone stubling upon this to know that Version 2.2 works great on SMF 2.1.3.

Thanks for the mod and the support efforts to keep it going!

digger

Quote from: Michael Vail on February 21, 2023, 01:54:10 PMI installed version 2.2 that I downloaded from this mods page here on the forum. It has the updated XML file and installed without a hitch. I tested it on a thread that had been merged multiple times and had different subjects for several of the posts and it perfectly renamed the subject lines of all the posts in the thread I tested it on. Just wanted anyone stubling upon this to know that Version 2.2 works great on SMF 2.1.3.

Thanks for the mod and the support efforts to keep it going!

Use 3.0.1 version for SMF 2.1
https://github.com/realdigger/SMF-Topic-Renamer

Diego Andrés

Btw @digger as additional author for this mod, you should be able to update the mod in the customization site as well. Let us know if you have issues with that.

Michael Vail

Thanks Diego and Digger. I downloaded the latest 3.0.1 version from the github link provided and installed it after removing the 2.2 version I previously installed.

I was wrong about the v2.2 package containing the corrected XML file. The v2.2 package available for download on the mod page still has the xml file missing the "$" Doug posted about above. I edited the xml file with Doug's corrections and rezipped it. I then pushed to my server with an FTP transfer to test it and the uninstall went as expected. I've attached the corrected v2.2 package package here if someone needs it or if Digger wants to replace the package on the Mod page with the working version.

Thanks again for the great mod!

Diego Andrés

Sorry but Digger will have to do that because he is the only one with explicit permission from the original author to do so.
I removed the package you attached because it didn't have license, which is odd because the repository already has a license.

Michael Vail

Thanks Diego. Take care.

jsx

Packing this mod as I wrote in the previous post makes the mod work properly on SMF 2.1, but I think this mod should be updated on the customization page.

Advertisement: