News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

My forum need horizontal scrolling even though its not needed

Started by yourdailysaver, September 10, 2011, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yourdailysaver

My forum need horizontal scrolling even though its not needed

for example my users have to scroll to right to view the video embedded because it makes forum width big and centers video in it without really needed :(

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

yourdailysaver

i am using personalised theme and mods screenshot attached with this post

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Joker™

- Exact page where the issues occurred?
- Resolution?
- Browser?

Mine is 1680x1050, and I placed firefox to maximum zoom and still no scroll bar appeared for me.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

yourdailysaver

login with id "fdvideos" and password "simple" into the forum without quotes. and check any topic it keeps on scrolling to the right. please help me its really urgent.

thanks a lot in advance

Joker™

Can you give the theme link as some div's are missing, also the theme is using table layout. Just want to debug the theme more closely.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

Quote from: Joker™ on September 12, 2011, 05:12:39 AM
Can you give the theme link as some div's are missing, also the theme is using table layout. Just want to debug the theme more closely.

i have modified colors of curve theme my self.  how to send you link to theme ?

Joker™

Quote from: yourdailysaver on September 12, 2011, 06:22:11 AM
i have modified colors of curve theme my self.  how to send you link to theme ?
I think it has more than color changes. For instance

- table layout in topics
- on quick look cat_bar div is missing

Most probably the table layout is making nuisance there.
Just ask the theme author to see how default smf theme is created and fix your theme accordingly.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

no actually this was happened after i have upgraded to 2.0 rc3 to 2.0

Joker™

Quote from: yourdailysaver on September 12, 2011, 07:19:15 AM
no actually this was happened after i have upgraded to 2.0 rc3 to 2.0
And have you made appropriate theme changes from RC3 to 2.0?

update themes SMF RC5 to final version
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

no i have not . :( and i have tried link you have given but i was unable to find a single statement in my current display.template which needs to change :(

Joker™

You can find RC package here.

With a decent file editor like notepad++ you can compare files and see the relevant changes. So, compare RC3 and SMF 2.0, and a suggestion from my side, drop the table layout completely as a table less layout will give you more freedom of design.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

sorry sir. i have tried to understand a lot but failed. can you please tell me which files need to change and what i need to change in it  please :(

Joker™

Quote from: yourdailysaver on September 14, 2011, 01:05:04 AM
sorry sir. i have tried to understand a lot but failed. can you please tell me which files need to change and what i need to change in it  please :(
Which part have you failed to understand?

In layman terms open default theme of RC3 and 2.0. Now open those template files in which you have made changes for your site in notepad++ and try using the compare plug-in. It's going to show you the exact difference between the 2 files.

Try the same thing on CSS.

P.S. why don't you try to catch the guy who made your theme?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Or how about using tools like WinMerge which can compare files of a complete directory.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

to be very honest. i really dont know much about themes and scripting. i dont know i was able to edit this theme. so please tell me what to do if you want i can send you files you tell me.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

can you please tell me atleast where can i find rc3 and 2.0 files ?

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

yourdailysaver

okay i have downloaded zip archieve for both versions now which two files i need to compare and do i need to change anything in my real installation ?

Joker™

Quote from: yourdailysaver on September 16, 2011, 12:46:16 AM
okay i have downloaded zip archieve for both versions now which two files i need to compare and do i need to change anything in my real installation ?
Mostly you have to look into those files which you have modified for your theme. Also keep an eye on index.css and most the styling for the fourm is done from that file only.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: