Unknown Error when upgrading from 1.1.14 to 2.0

Started by BrotherBrian, September 11, 2011, 04:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherBrian

I uploaded the large upgrade to my forum directory in an effort to upgrade my forum then ran upgrade.php.  Within about 30 seconds it jumps to 14% Overall progress:

QuoteExecuting database changes

Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!

Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating and creating indexes..." (1 of 19 - of this script)

Then it hangs with this about 30 seconds after that
Quote!!
Error!
Unknown Error!

I re-uploaded the file backup i did and restored the database and tried again, same thing.

Any thoughts on this? The error is so ambiguous that I have no idea where to begin on a solution. I attempted to search the forum for similar issues, found at least one thread which was similar but there was no resolution, just seemed like the issue was left open. I uninstalled the few mods I was using and was using the default theme prior to attempting this upgrade. Thanks.

BrotherBrian

tried it a 3rd time since i didn't get any replies and it worked flawlessly, perhaps it was a db server latency thing. would have deleted my original post looking for insight but this forum won't let me.

kat

Apologies for not responding, beberlei.

I was not long off of going to bed, when you made your fist post.

We're all in different timezones. So, a delay, occasionally, is bound to happen, I'm afraid. :(

Advertisement: