An Error Has Occurred! Sorry, registration is currently disabled.

Started by cosmicxxx, September 23, 2011, 09:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmicxxx

yes, a lot of mods... and after dropping the logs_packages. all of the installed mods became at not installed state.

i tried to input the credentials manually in the table. tried to input the packge name, version info, installed state, but then...

i stopped, i have a lots of mods here, and i don't think i can manage to input all the credentials in the table manually.

anyway, i put my site offline. and put it locally. from here, im gonna fix the issue with the help of you guys. i hope...

Joker™

Quote from: cosmicxxx on September 23, 2011, 01:29:58 PM
yes, a lot of mods... and after dropping the logs_packages. all of the installed mods became at not installed state.

i tried to input the credentials manually in the table. tried to input the packge name, version info, installed state, but then...

i stopped, i have a lots of mods here, and i don't think i can manage to input all the credentials in the table manually.

anyway, i put my site offline. and put it locally. from here, im gonna fix the issue with the help of you guys. i hope...
Make complete backup of your forum first.

Install the exact and all mods on a local test site.

How to make a local test site?

Now import the log_packages table will all the details on your livesite.

P.S - Just a suggestion, even after having a decent knowledge we still make backup of things before making any changes with them. So next time before trying anything on codes or specially with Database do back it up. Also all the tables in database are made due to a specific reason and dropping them in very unhealthy.

I'm marking this topic as unsolved and will be keeping an eye on it to provide you further assistance :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

cosmicxxx

that's what im doing now... but im having several test failed errors. gonna fix that first.

what a neat idea you have here.

P.S. - i do have backups... but the last backup i have, was less than the half of all of my installed mods. so, still im having a tedious work right now. thanks guys. gonna update soon.

UPDATE:

it's restored now...

but the registration failure issue is not yet clear, as to what is causing it really.

cosmicxxx

New Member Registration is working fine now. I removed bot buster and the registration went running ok.

does the 2.0.1 update had an effect on it? bot buster was already installed before 2.0.1 update of SMF.
and new member registration is running fine at that time.

Illori

no idea, we dont check if there are conflicts with mods when creating the security patches, you are best to ask the mod author about this.

Joker™

Now as all of your issues are resolved, expect the one with a mod, can you mark this topic as solved?

For further discussion on bot buster mod you should post in mod support topic.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

cosmicxxx

Advertisement: