News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

help! Package upload failed error

Started by Nikhil P Naik, September 13, 2011, 09:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikhil P Naik

I get the following error on installing a theme:

Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

i have CHMOD the packages to 777 and created a directory in it named temp and CHMOD it to  777 as well as i read a previous post on how to solve this problem. still i hav not been able to solve it.. help!

Rune-Cpsv.info

Check the files permission on the forum.
Visit us at http://rune-cpsv.info

Nikhil P Naik

Quote from: RCStewie on September 13, 2011, 09:47:37 AM
Check the files permission on the forum.

file permissions are alright.... packages is 777

Rune-Cpsv.info

Oh... wait... are you trying to install theme or mod?
Visit us at http://rune-cpsv.info

Nikhil P Naik

Quote from: RCStewie on September 13, 2011, 09:52:13 AM
Oh... wait... are you trying to install theme or mod?

getting the same error for both mods and themes...  i installed the forum through cpanel....

Illori

funforum please do not bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer

Nikhil P Naik

Quote from: Illori on September 13, 2011, 10:34:27 AM
funforum please do not bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer

ya ok..  :)  :D

Nikhil P Naik

MrPhil

If SMF is telling you that your directories are unwritable, then perhaps the problem is that 777 permissions are invalid. Some systems block access to directories with "world writable" permissions. Try 755, and if that doesn't work, try 775. Don't just blindly change permissions to 777 just because some ignorant person told you to do so.

Nikhil P Naik

Quote from: MrPhil on September 14, 2011, 09:04:35 AM
If SMF is telling you that your directories are unwritable, then perhaps the problem is that 777 permissions are invalid. Some systems block access to directories with "world writable" permissions. Try 755, and if that doesn't work, try 775. Don't just blindly change permissions to 777 just because some ignorant person told you to do so.

still the same prob..

Nikhil P Naik

Illori

you are trying to install a theme in the package manager? it does not work that way.

Themes And Layout

Nikhil P Naik

oh.. yes... so stupid of me... i had used smf 3 months back... forgot abt it...   :-[

Advertisement: