News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Package manager installs on ftp root

Started by coolking, September 12, 2011, 04:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

sounds like a configuration issues somewhere. your install is not listening to what it should. best i can suggest is starting over since repair_settings.php did not work for you.

coolking

I cannot reinstall my forum :/
Cuz there are people on my forum i cant lose that.
Are there other ways?
I found this in my errorlog 512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable

Joker™

- What are the files and folder permissions?
Set folder to 755 and files to 644.

Quote from: coolking on September 13, 2011, 11:03:57 AM
I found this in my errorlog 512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable
The error clearly states that the files are not writable, for some reason(most probably file permission)

- Any other errors in error log? (SMF admin panel and server log)

- Are you using MySQL or some other DB?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

coolking

lemme check...
testing install..
Showing on install everything success. (testing on nchat)
Package installed it says.
Still no feauture added
Checking log..
2: opendir(/home/****/domains/codfreaks.nl/public_html/Packages/temp/NChat) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory

2: fopen(/home/****/domains/codfreaks.nl/public_html/Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable

All writeable 777 folders and files.
Avatar upload does work perfectly

Edit:
mysql
Found the nchat folder in my ftp root.
Before domains etc
Backup files are made to
If i try to uninstall the test shows errors

Joker™

Quote from: coolking on September 13, 2011, 10:56:29 AM
Like ezportal the ezportal folder is on my / on ftp.
Btw 1 strange thing if i install avatars it works correctly.

EzPortal palces one of it's folder in root while installing.

Packages zip goes in /Packages direcotry. See if the mods zips are there. Have you tried to install other mods, I mean except EzPortal.

In repair_settings.php is the server path placed to correct value? Make sure all paths are placed to correct values as most probably it's a wrong path issue.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Angelina Belle

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

kat

Just something I noticed. May be totally irrelevant...

Quote512: package_flush_cache(): some files are still not writable

Is the cache directory write-protected, for some reason?

It sure shouldn't be.

coolking

kat

coolking

kat

Did you check what Joker suggested?

QuoteEzPortal palces one of it's folder in root while installing.

Packages zip goes in /Packages direcotry. See if the mods zips are there. Have you tried to install other mods, I mean except EzPortal.

In repair_settings.php is the server path placed to correct value? Make sure all paths are placed to correct values as most probably it's a wrong path issue.

coolking

# Note: These directories do not have to be changed unless you move things.
$boarddir = '/home/****/domains/codfreaks.nl/public_html';      # The absolute path to the forum's folder. (not just '.'!)
$sourcedir = '/home/****h/domains/codfreaks.nl/public_html/Sources';      # Path to the Sources directory.
$cachedir = '/home/****/domains/codfreaks.nl/public_html/cache';      # Path to the cache directory.
This is my info all paths are correct

Oldiesmann

Does it work if you change the FTP path to /public_html instead of the whole /home/... one?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

coolking

The strange thing is if i install avatar packages it works all correctly.

kat

As Joker said, ez portal DOES install a directory into the root.

Do other mods install OK?

coolking

no, they all install on root or do not update like not adding the tab on admin panel etc.

kat

Tell you what, Jeffrey...

I would love to take a look at your site, as an admin, to try and figure this one out.

Thing is, I'm off to bed in an hour, or so.

If this doesn't get figured-out, by the morning, and you wouldn't mind me taking a look, PM me admin login details and I'll see what I can figure out.

Please, though, read this before you do that, won't you?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=87130.0

coolking

Ozzie

just a quick and rather silly question really...when you 1st installed your forum did you place all the files in its own folder "forums"  in root or just load the files into root........i only ask as i fixed a site recently were the owner had done just that?

2000+ games available to download

Advertisement: