News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Problem with links/urls (Too many links/urls)

Started by Illmater, September 14, 2011, 07:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illmater

Hello,

I have been a helper on several computer forums for several years, so whenever I find a problem I always try to solve it by my own. That's probably the reason why I haven't asked for help yet on these 4 monthes I've been using SMF. However, the problem I am currently experiencing is totally weird and I can't find the solution.

My website structure is as follows:

hxxp://www.mywebsite.com <---- I have wordpress here with a custom theme
hxxp://forum.mywebsite.com (also hxxp://mywebsite.com/forum) <----- Here I have a smf forum with the Inferno Theme

My problem is: Whenever me, or any of the users in the forum, try to add a new post/thread with several URLs, we get redirected to a 404 error page in my wordpress (page not found). I have noticed that when I use the following bbcode:

[url]link[/url]

I can add as many links as I wish. However, if I use the following code (or no code at all, just the url), I can only add up to three links/urls (If I add 1 more, I get the 404 error in my wordpress):

[url=link]Text[/url]

Also, I can't currently use the IMG tag. For example, If I use the following code, I get the same error:

[img]link[/img]

Any ideas?

Illori

sounds like an issue with the url rewrite rules for wordpress, you might want to post in their forum and ask them.

Illmater

Thank you Illori  :)

It was indeed a problem related to the url rewrite rules, in the .htaccess file in the root domain.
There was a portion of code that I had appended on that file even before I installed smf (I was experimenting with something, can't tell what).

The code was the following:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mywebsite.comr$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.mywebsite\.com\/" [R=301,L]

I removed this portion of code, and everything works fine now.

Best regards my friend, I owe you one  ;)

Advertisement: