News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add drop-down menu to portal's "forum" button.

Started by MiY4Gi, August 07, 2011, 12:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiY4Gi

Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

feline

I don't know the mod you have installed. Remove this and try again.
Also test this with the SMF default theme...

MiY4Gi

I uninstalled it, emptied my browser's cache, and still had the same problem.

I also changed back to the default Curve theme, and the problem persists.

Any suggestions?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

MiY4Gi

Ah, I solved the problem. I'm not sure why, but I had to add the lines    elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'community') and $current_action = 'forum'; to my subs.php file:

Find:

// Figure out which action we are doing so we can set the active tab.
// Default to home.
$current_action = 'home';

if (isset($context['menu_buttons'][$context['current_action']]))
$current_action = $context['current_action'];
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'search2')
$current_action = 'search';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'theme')
$current_action = isset($_REQUEST['sa']) && $_REQUEST['sa'] == 'pick' ? 'profile' : 'admin';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'register2')
$current_action = 'register';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'login2' || ($user_info['is_guest'] && $context['current_action'] == 'reminder'))
$current_action = 'login';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'groups' && $context['allow_moderation_center'])
$current_action = 'moderate';

Replace with:

// Figure out which action we are doing so we can set the active tab.
// Default to home.
$current_action = 'home';

if (isset($context['menu_buttons'][$context['current_action']]))
$current_action = $context['current_action'];
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'community')
$current_action = 'forum';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'search2')
$current_action = 'search';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'theme')
$current_action = isset($_REQUEST['sa']) && $_REQUEST['sa'] == 'pick' ? 'profile' : 'admin';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'register2')
$current_action = 'register';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'login2' || ($user_info['is_guest'] && $context['current_action'] == 'reminder'))
$current_action = 'login';
elseif ($context['current_action'] == 'groups' && $context['allow_moderation_center'])
$current_action = 'moderate';

Ah, I see. The load.php and subs-boards.php files still referenced action=community. Lemme quickly fix that.

MiY4Gi

Alright, so I fixed the problem with the button, but now I have a css problem. My "dropdown menu background" doesn't extend far enough, so only the first few buttons in my dropdown menu has a colored background, while the remaining buttons have no background.

For clarification see the site in my sig, and hover the mouse over the forum button.

Advertisement: