News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.1 and 1.1.15 critical security patches released

Started by Norv, September 18, 2011, 06:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eroncone

Hi there,

...and thanx for making my first experience of Forum creation so easy.

If I am running 2.0.1, am I already patched relative to your Security Patch announce Sept. 18, 2011?

I would think yes, but prefer to ask rather than find myself wishing that I had...

Thanx in advance.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Angelina Belle

And, eroncame, on behalf of the SMF project team, you are welcome.
Our devs have tried to find that balance between simple and powerful. So it means a lot to hear that this has worked out well for you.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

admirable

Waaaaoooo....
Great work....
Keep it up dearz.................................................... GOOD JOB..

Where can i get it.?
My Website| JA Technologies
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do hard work, one day you will be awarded for that!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

IchBin™

Quote from: admirable on November 10, 2011, 01:37:54 PM
Waaaaoooo....
Great work....
Keep it up dearz.................................................... GOOD JOB..

Where can i get it.?

Umm... maybe the downloads page linked at the top menu where it says "Download".  :)
IchBin™        TinyPortal

webgold

Hi Guys

I am using smf 2.0, but I am having problems trying to upgrade.

I am getting this error:

QuoteAlthough the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

Any ideas?

Illori

Angelina Belle

webgold, if I could, I'd move your question to the proper support board.  I'm sorry I cannot help in this way.
Your problem is a common one, and you will get plenty of help over there.

I don't want to "clog up" this topic with the discussion of your issue. I apologize.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Biology Forums

Quote from: webgold on November 11, 2011, 05:44:47 AM
Hi Guys

I am using smf 2.0, but I am having problems trying to upgrade.

I am getting this error:

QuoteAlthough the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.

Any ideas?

What mods have you installed since the upgrade?

CookieParker1

Quote from: KVL on September 19, 2011, 02:23:14 AM
SMF 2.0.1 and 1.1.15: updated is successfully!  :)  Thank you very much! :)

Where did you find the 1.1.15 security upgrade?

CookieParker1

Advertisement: