News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Update gone bad

Started by Enzofielt, September 19, 2011, 12:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enzofielt

Hello, i have done the update to 2.01 today.
I first removed al Mods and started the update, the update looks oke but the Mods are still visible but the packagemanager shows them uninstalled.
I tryed to install one mod and this one shows the green light again in the installer, looks ok to me and i try to install the rest of the mods again.
After installing Ez portal again i see the portal 2 times on the forum, strange ?? after this i wanted to remove the portal again and that seems to go OK no error reports before.
After removong the portal the server seems damaged parts are located al over the forum and i try the refresh button, after this i lost my forum and only see a error report.
Because a have a backup, i wanted to restore this one.
Only this will not work because my database can not be reached anymore, when opening the forum i only see al sections of EZportal with the latest post but no more forum.

I really need some help to gett the forum going again,

Will this problem be fixed when i do a full update ??
Running my forum on SMF 2.0.13

kat

Odd... I thought the upgrade was simply done via Package manager, if you're using SMF v2.0...

I left all my mods in place and everything went perfectly.

If you did it another way, maybe you ought to restore your backup and do it via Package manager?

Enzofielt

Thanks for the reply, i followed the remark given with the update to uninstall al mod before updating.
I am unable to acces my Admin section, there is no way to do a backup now.
I have made a backup of the sql-database with myphp-admin just now, i am hoping a full upgrade will fix my forum.

kat

No point in backing-up, now, anyway. Horse has bolted, mate. :(

If you get on to your host, PDQ, you MIGHT get lucky.

Some hosts take backups, themselves. Can't hurt to ask them, ay?

Enzofielt

I managed to gett the forum going again, i did the full upgrade and managed to save the database.
The forum layout was really damaged, after installing a new theme al things became like they should be.
What i notice that there are allod mods that cannot be installed anymore, you did a upgrade with your mods still installed.
Do you have any problems with your mods??

Illori

the mods being installed or not is stored in the database now, if you run the upgrade.php script it should set them as uninstalled. or you would need to truncate the correct table.

kat

Quote from: Enzofielt on September 19, 2011, 03:25:22 PMi did the full upgrade

That, there's why the mods didn't stay installed.
Quote from: Enzofielt on September 19, 2011, 03:25:22 PMDo you have any problems with your mods??

Nope. All work as they did, before the upgrade.

Enzofielt

Quote from: Illori on September 19, 2011, 03:29:57 PM
the mods being installed or not is stored in the database now, if you run the upgrade.php script it should set them as uninstalled. or you would need to truncate the correct table.

Can you help me a little, what are the steps to take.

Thanks

Illori

in phpmyadmin or similar you need to run truncate smf_log_packages; given that your prefix is smf_ you run this in the sql tab of phpmyadmin.

Enzofielt

You mean run SQL query/queries op database fieltsho_smf1

In my case it should be like "  truncate smf_log_packages;"

Illori

if your prefix is smf1 then run truncate smf1_log_packages as long as you have the database up in phpmyadmin already you dont need to include the database name in the query.

Enzofielt

#1146 - Table 'fieltsho_smf1.smf1_log_packages' doesn't exist

This means i should use " truncate _log_packages"

Illori

no if your prefix is smf1 use the command i said in the last post

Enzofielt

What should happen after this command ??

Illori

it should tell you it was successful and when you go to the package manager it will show all your mods as uninstalled.

Enzofielt

Would you like to help using teamviewer ?
Proberly you can do this in 5 seconds what would take me a long time to understand, i have been trying different lines now

truncate smf1_log_packages;
truncate _log_packages;
truncate smf1_smf1_log_packages;

Illori

go to admin -> server settings -> database and paths it will list your prefix there

put that prefix before log_packages and run that in phpmyadmin when you have clicked on the database table on the left.

Enzofielt

Thanks, succesfull now

I see that they are uninstalled now, but they are still mod shown in the forum and admin-panel

Illori

then they are not uninstalled from your files, you should upload the files from the large upgrade package again and reinstall the mods after.

Enzofielt

So again do the large upgrade, after this the instal is clean again ?

Advertisement: