News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

adding and changing nav buttons

Started by SNAFU0185, September 20, 2011, 07:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelina Belle

Your ftp client should have some way to show that to you.
If you use the command-line FTP client, you can use the ls command, for example.
The windows built-in FTP client does not want to show you this at all.
And, for other FTP clients, you'd need to check your documentation.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

SNAFU0185

i cant find anyway to check ownership i asume since i uploaded em i do but meh what do i know and cant find and way to do anythink u ask in ftp
whats a good command line ftp and what dow i type to cheack ownership

Illori

ask your host to check ownership, not all server configurations allow the users to check it.

SNAFU0185

dont know how acurate this is but accourding to filezilla all files on the server are owned buy ftp

Illori

your files should not be owned by ftp they should be owned by your user, ask your host to verify the ownership

SNAFU0185

ok i manualy edited the files for the button mod and it breaks my theme to

Illori

Angelina Belle

(I am partial to the command-line ftp in windows' "Command Prompt")
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

SNAFU0185

Quote from: Illori on October 17, 2011, 09:18:28 AM
breaks it in what way?

Quote from: SNAFU0185 on September 20, 2011, 07:26:36 AM

refering to the above picture it inserts the button i asked for after help. When i click on it it goes to the selected page butit highlights the homw button and the arrow apears above the home button

Illori

since you are using a mod to add the buttons you should post in the mods support thread to see if there is a way to fix this.

Angelina Belle

First, please double-check the edits you have made. In Subs.php, in function  setupMenuContext there are two important parts.
First, there is the part, starting with $buttons = array(, where the buttons are defined.

Then, there is the part, starting with    // Figure out which action we are doing so we can set the active tab., where it figures out which button needs to be active. That mod needs to deal with both of these sections.

Now that you are actually using the mod, I think you will get better help from the mod's author and users than you will from us.

I hope you figure out how to solve your problem installing mods.  The Package Manager is so much more convenient than doing manual installations.

SNAFU0185

Yea it would be good I've always had issues with this server and permissions on files. But thanks for all of the help you and the other members have offered me I'll maybe chase support from the author but even then ultimately I think I'd be better of running tiny portal if I could get it to install I may manually install it just to get it running

Angelina Belle

I think the problem may be that you left out an essential edit from this mod -- the part that sets the active button.

Advertisement: