News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Blank Posts due to Language setting

Started by JamzTheMan, September 10, 2011, 01:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamzTheMan

Ok, so this took a while to figure out but after upgrading from 1.1.14 to 2.0 Final, some members (including my normal account on the forums) saw that they had Dutch as their default language in their Profile, and changed it to English.

Then people started noticing some Posts were "blank". Just the Body of the message (signatures were showing). And it seemed to be only posts that contained BBC in them.

So, to sum it up, if You post with BBC as Dutch, then switch to English, that post will be blank.

SO, what I'm stuck with is, HOW do I fix this? I'd like to get everyone's profile set to English. And then I suppose update every Post on the board?

I'm assuming this could be done with SQL easy enough but I really suck at SQL but I can execute it well enough :)

Or is there some other way?  At this point, I'm assuming I have posts that are marked as Dutch and English all over the place.

JamzTheMan

Yes, I got that. Change the default language. Did that. Doesn't help.

I need to update each individual post in the DB.  I can "edit" each post manually and that seems to fix it as well.

So, how do I update ALL user profiles to English and ALL posts in the DB to English?

Angelina Belle

Sounds like it could be a language problem. (Didn't take much for me to make that guess, did it?)
Are you getting any errors in your error log?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Advertisement: